By AAMC Staff
For 25 years, the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP) has successfully empowered students to realize their dreams to become health professionals. Each year, the free six-week summer academic enrichment program has created a pathway for more than 21,000 participants, opening the doors to life-changing opportunities.
SMDEP is open to eligible freshman and sophomores from underrepresented minorities interested in dentistry and medicine who are from racial and ethnic backgrounds that under-represented or who are from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Eligible students who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to:
· Visit our website to learn about the program offerings and program site locations
· Apply and submit their applications early. Admission decision is made on a rolling basis with the first decision date of February 15, 2014.
· Read the fact sheet on what is like to participate in SMDEP.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 1-866-587-6337
Are you an SMDEP Alum? Join the Celebration!
As we celebrate our 25th Anniversary, there are many ways in which you can celebrate with us:
1. Share your story with us!
2. Join us at one of our Anniversary Tour events-check our website for event dates and location.
3. Post your pictures, videos and memories of your time during the program, and receive tips and resources on the medical and dental professions.
4. Connect with your cohorts and fellow alum, update your contact information through the Alumni Directory.
To discuss this or any article on SDN please visit our Article Discussions Forum. Hope to see you there!