MSSM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Assassin

Assassin
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
if anyone cares..
interviewed january, waitlisted today (letter dated march 15)...they said its a "very favorable position" to be in...Whatever :p

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Player, when did you recieve the letter?? Today?? I interviewed early Feb. and haven't heard anything yet. Could that mean a waitlist too?? or worst a rejection.

Has anyone else been waitlisted lately?? Has anyone been accepted with Player's same postmark date???

hey people, I was wondering if you can tell me what your stats are. Are they >30 and 3.5 or better? Kim told me that that's what they look for, so I know I have already wasted my $100 with that school, but if there's anyone out there who has below those stats, can you please post and give us your status with MSSM? thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Don I had a 29 and a 3.4 postbac GPA and I was recently accepted. Who is Kim??

•••quote:•••Originally posted by E'01:
•Dr. Don I had a 29 and a 3.4 postbac GPA and I was recently accepted. Who is Kim??•••••Congrats E!! :clap:

btw, kimberli cox is like the most addicted SDN member (administrator too) around, probably working on 3000 posts by now. I guess that's who he's talking about. :)

actually no, it's Ms. McCollum, I believe Kim is her first name. thanks E'01 and congratulations!

Thanks guys :)

I interviewed mid-November and received a letter today dated March 15. I'm on the alternate list. Is that the same as waitlist? Oh wellz.

I also received a letter from Sinai today...I got a nice REJECTION! Yuck! Anyway, if it's helpful, here are my stats:

GPA = 3.8 (3.75 BCPM)
MCAT = 36 (11 V,13 PS, 12 BS, R)

This process just seems really arbitrary. I've gotten waitlisted at not-so-great schools like UConn, but gotten into great schools like UPenn, and now I've been rejected from Sinai. Who knows why they choose as they do.

But anyway, in response to the original question at the start of this thread, if you're interested in Sinai, GO FOR IT! And make sure you LET THEM KNOW how interested you are. I think it really helps when schools know they're your first choice.

oops...I meant that as a reply to "Dr. Don," regarding his question about Sinai only being interested in people w MCAT's > 30 and GPAs > 3.5.

Interviewed February 21 - got news of my waitlist today (I called the office, they said the letter is on its way).

Tommygunn, did you get "waitlisted" or "rejected"?

Does anyone know how much movement their waitlist gets? Should I consider this waitlist a rejection?

Has anyone been accepted in this batch of letters Sinai is sending out?? or are they only rejections and waitlists??

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by barb:
•Interviewed February 21 - got news of my waitlist today (I called the office, they said the letter is on its way).

Tommygunn, did you get "waitlisted" or "rejected"?

Does anyone know how much movement their waitlist gets? Should I consider this waitlist a rejection?•••••I got rejected. I interviewed in early November.

anyone else with new Sinai news??? Seems like decisions have been mailed out.

Is Mount Sinai still dishing out MD interview invitations?? I've been "under review" since September.

So has anyone gotten acceptances in this round of letters?

Jase133, lets hope there are some acceptances out for us.

I also got the alternate list letter today too. I agree it does seem like a pretty random process, although I do seem to be getting some consistent results (my 4th waitlist! wheeeee).

What is the difference between waitlist and alternate list??

Any acceptances out there??

•••quote:•••Originally posted by vinsanity:
•What is the difference between waitlist and alternate list??

Any acceptances out there??•••••Not really. They are one and the same.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by player:
•if anyone cares..
interviewed january, waitlisted today (letter dated march 15)...they said its a "very favorable position" to be in...Whatever :p •••••i guess you can look at it this way, if you were rejected you would have 0% chance of getting in at this point. if you were waitlisted, you have at least >0% Even if it's slim there is an opportunity for an opening. :)

I saw the admissions committee meeting today - at least I think that's what it was. If so, there's a lot of them! No wonder the whole proces takes forever. Good luck people :)