Easy Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tidy_kiwi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
While I feel extremely sorry for everyone who has been having troubles with their application process, I just had to share the app process for Oz med schools:

1. Test (2 essays, 200 odd MCQ)
2. Application form (2 sides) - fill in the dots OCR scannable type + academic transcript
3. Interview (30 mins)
4. Start med school

No essays! No letters of reccomendation! App form took about 20 mins to fill out!!! One form for all four schools!

Will get interview in Sept, hopefully will start in Jan/Feb.

Sweet.

Just thought I'd share.

Members don't see this ad.

Direct quote:

"Consideration of letters of reference and testimonials form no part of our selection procedures and should not be submitted."

Got interview offer last night - simply had to tick a couple of boxes and fax it back.

AMCAS should be this simple.

Keep smilin' folks. ;)

Unfortunately, this doesn't really make me feel any better :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think things would have been easier had there been only 4 med schools in the US. With so many schools and applicants, problems are bound happen.

In case you hadn't noticed, tidy_kiwi, there are a lot of people in genuine distress over what is happening with AMCAS, and we don't really want to hear your gloating. Very poor
form, in my opinion.

Yeah sorry about that....I was just excited I guess - my bad. I will never show enthusiasm for anything ever again, I promise.

What is Oz????? or where is Oz???????

Oz is another term for Aussie, which is short for Australian. :)

Also the magical land in "The Wizard of Oz" in which Dorothy (& her little dog Toto too) have many adventures and suprises. Then they go home.