2023-2024 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 OOS A!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS WL 😢 Can anyone please advise on when or if to send a Letter of Intent? This is my top top school
I think that sending it sooner rather than later would be fine! I'm assuming AdComs are going to move around the waitlist in preparation for the "Choose your medical school" movement in April. Renewing your interest now and again in April could hopefully make the difference. Don't give up, you got this!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I think that sending it sooner rather than later would be fine! I'm assuming AdComs are going to move around the waitlist in preparation for the "Choose your medical school" movement in April. Renewing your interest now and again in April could hopefully make the difference. Don't give up, you got this!
Thank you—you're so kind! May I ask, what do you mean by renewing my interest "now and again in April?"

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether everyone post II is waitlisted?

Happened a while ago but wanted to put this out there for next year's SDN folks... Interviewed in October, was waitlisted in November, accepted in early Feb. Did not send any updates nor LOI

Reactions: 1 users
I'm declining my A I got last week. This will open up at least one spot.

Declining an acceptance at Brown but keeping my A at USF. Bold move, self. Let's see how this plays out.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you—you're so kind! May I ask, what do you mean by renewing my interest "now and again in April?" I'd love to send an LOI now, but I shouldn't send another later, right?
fellow WL wondering the same thing!!

fellow WL wondering the same thing!!
I’m DEF not an authority on best WL practices.. and I don’t know if it’s appropriate to send more than one LOI. It’s hard to say if it would help your chances, but I certainly don’t think it would hurt them either. I just meant that I would probably send multiple follow ups to emphasize how strongly I feel that it’s the best place for my training. You’ve done so much work to get to this point, you deserve this and I hope you both manifest that A!

Reactions: 1 user
Has there been any WL movement? Does anyone know if they will send rejections at any point after being on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
For everyone's convenience, I went through the past 5 threads for AMS and noted every time someone posted about getting an A off the WL and consolidated the info on this note here

View attachment 370387
(Sorry for the heart attack I am about to give everyone)
Was curious about when we should expect WL movement and saw this post from the forum last year that suggests it would start tomorrow. Same user then said it seemed to be around 5pm ET. Given the FAFSA delays and potential student PTE/CTE delays, it could be next week, but there you go. Very unlikely to be today (or even tomorrow before 5pm) so if you are refreshing your email/SDN waiting for Brown, relax and go do something else!
Good luck to everyone!

A off the waitlist just now… literally shaking as this is my dream school!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Would any accepted student mind sharing if brown extended the PTE deadline? or if you received your financial aid yet