2023-2024 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are reading a lot into a simple group me size imo
Not my fight, but how is the size of an accepted students GroupMe this late in the admissions cycle not something read into when the Dean has given a figure for target class size?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Not my fight, but how is the size of an accepted students GroupMe this late in the admissions cycle not something read into when the Dean has given a figure for target class size?
!! It's literally an accepted students group lmao.. But perhaps I was being too pessimistic, the count may include some people that have withdrawn but haven't left the chat. Also, the count could potentially go down everyday as students withdraw later than the may 15 deadline.

I don’t think people automatically remember to leave the group chat after they’ve withdrawn and I don’t think Cincinnati accepts more than their class size at once so they wouldn’t just have 20 extra students that they accidentally accepted. So hopes can still be up a little! I’m sure if they started accepting the waitlisted students someone would message here (I hope lol).

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think people automatically remember to leave the group chat after they’ve withdrawn and I don’t think Cincinnati accepts more than their class size at once so they wouldn’t just have 20 extra students that they accidentally accepted. So hopes can still be up a little! I’m sure if they started accepting the waitlisted students someone would message here (I hope lol).
thanks. you just made my day with that perspective lol.

Oh no. Definitely not the news I was hoping for. I thought today was the deadline and we would see a huge drop. Im not sure if we should still be hopeful. Around this time last year i think there were only 150 members in the group me ( based on SDN lurking). Class size is 180 so what happens to the excess 20 students accepted
I will also add that I think the SDN thread from last year was referring to the Facebook group not the group me. The current Facebook group is at 155 members (considerably less than the GroupMe). Not sure if this means anything but thought I'd throw it out there.

People generally heard back on Thursdays (sorry I’m neurotic like that) so maybe (hopefully) they start on Thursday 😭

Reactions: 2 users
Hope more people have dropped as well!! I believe The fb group is lower

Attachments

• IMG_6078.jpeg
    IMG_6078.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: 1 user
Def good news but yeah so damn late I’m annoyed. I wake up every day hoping today might be it lol

Wait would we have time to find somewhere to live if we get off the waitlist in late June or July? I still really really hope I get in but def a concern also if I get in I need to take out loans to pay tuition man. Would love for them to speed this up so I know what to do with my life