2023-2024 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATS!!! Are you gonna accept it?
I need to see their FA statement before making any commitments but if it is not full COA, then I can't afford Pasadena :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok! That's good news. I had a late Feb interview also. Was sure if that late into cycle would be possible
from what I have seen, Kaiser is not a school that has a big WL. If you are on the WL u have a solid chance of getting in relative to most schools and their big WL

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
curious about whether people who were accepted off the WL sent a letter of intent?

curious about whether people who were accepted off the WL sent a letter of intent?
I sent a letter of interest post-II. I also think that I was a strong match to their mission (which I think they value over stats)

• Love
Nah, I didn't communicate at all post-II or post-WL. I honestly wasn't blown away by interview day. I think if they accept LOIs though, it certainly can't hurt. Good luck!

• Care
They just gave me full COA valued at ~38k per year :D

Should be noted that they stated they made my scholarship decision before I sent them my CSS so this may be a merit scholarship???

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will they just send the FA statement today?
They sent my FA statement(full COA) the day after I got accepted off the WL. Seems like they probably fast tracked it today since it’s a Friday!

• Love
yeah Kaiser gives full tuition and 30K for housing… MacBooks and iPhones… stethoscopes… free ubering! 😦 it’s all crazy

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
crossing fingers and praying to the medicine gods for some movement
I am pretty sure I will not accept my offer as UChicago gave me a 10k stipend after seeing Kaiser's offer. That being said, I will visit campus soon to make a final decision

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew from the WL. Good luck! For transparency, they offered me full tuition and a $38,000+ yearly stipend and were able to offer me a $500 travel reimbursement to visit campus before I decided. I believe the scholarship is merit as it stated it was given to me before they collected my CSS.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew from the WL. Good luck! For transparency, they offered me full tuition and a $38,000+ yearly stipend and were able to offer me a $500 travel reimbursement to visit campus before I decided. I believe the scholarship is merit as it stated it was given to me before they collected my CSS.
AH thank you for letting us know. I thought there was only 5 days to decide once you get the A at this point, is that wrong? also did you give up your spot after oatandcholua posted yesterday at 3:15? if so maybe that means one more is coming hehe!

AH thank you for letting us know. I thought there was only 5 days to decide once you get the A at this point, is that wrong? also did you give up your spot after oatandcholua posted yesterday at 3:15? if so maybe that means one more is coming hehe!
I gave it to right before the email so it was late at night. I think another spot should be coming out soon 😈. That being said, they didn't give us a specific date to decide by, or at least they didn't give me

same here! tough decision but withdrew for a school closer to my support system.

Just got off WL! (thank you previous ppl for the spot fr omg)
If it makes you more likely to commit to Kaiser, I wake up every morning wondering how I passed on their amazing financial aid offer 😂! Congrats!

• Haha
So happy for everybody getting accepted -- you deserve it. At the same time, does anybody else on here just cry their heart out when they see other people getting off the waitlist? Feels like a fresh stab to the heart every time.

• Care
So happy for everybody getting accepted -- you deserve it. At the same time, does anybody else on here just cry their heart out when they see other people getting off the waitlist? Feels like a fresh stab to the heart every time.
I used to... but at this point I'm just feeling numb :cool:

• Care
Thanks guys! (and for those of you still on the waitlist, don't give up hope!!! I was on the verge of giving up and this is my first acceptance off 3 waitlists...)

Does anyone also know when they send you financial aid materials?

Thanks guys! (and for those of you still on the waitlist, don't give up hope!!! I was on the verge of giving up and this is my first acceptance off 3 waitlists...)

They sent mine the day after I got off the WL!

Congratulations! Don't stress too much about financial aid. All accepted students at Kaiser receive full tuition + the 38K housing stipend :)

Do you have to withdraw from the waitlist if you have committed to another med school (but would totally attend Kaiser if I got the A off the waitlist)? Im not sure if anyone else got the email..

Do you have to withdraw from the waitlist if you have committed to another med school (but would totally attend Kaiser if I got the A off the waitlist)? Im not sure if anyone else got the email..
By CTE deadline = you must have 1 acceptance, no waitlist allowed. you are locked into one school, essentially.

PTE = at this point you should have just 1 acceptance, can remain on waitlists.

I know another person who got off the wl same time as me and he just rejected his offer too. 2 spots available!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users