2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do yall think they sent out all the mass WL A’s already and the rest are going to be trickled down?
I was in the WL last cycle. The majority of the WL movement happened in the first half of May. If I recall, if it’s past the first or second week of May, your chances of getting out of the WL significantly drop. Though WL movement technically still goes on until orientation begins. I’ve only heard of 1-2 guys every cycle who get accepted off the WL two weeks before orientation

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the WL last cycle. The majority of the WL movement happened in the first half of May. If I recall, if it’s past the first or second week of May, your chances of getting out of the WL significantly drop. Though WL movement technically still goes on until orientation begins. I’ve only heard of 1-2 guys every cycle who get accepted off the WL two weeks before orientation
Yeah I saw it started slowing down last year past like May 15th/16th. I’m giving myself until May 15th of this year then going to start grabbing housing at a different school I got an A at.

However, I will say things could be different this year with the unprecedented FAFSA delays and new campus accepting 40 more students than previous years.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Based on the last two weeks, I guess they don't like sending out acceptances on Fridays lol

To next week we go everybody… I wanted to hear people’s thoughts/opinions on WL movement this year. Do we think because of FAFSA delays, the whole campus assignment blunder and MCG accepting 40 more students this year will change WL movement compared to previous years and how so?

To next week we go everybody… I wanted to hear people’s thoughts/opinions on WL movement this year. Do we think because of FAFSA delays, the whole campus assignment blunder and MCG accepting 40 more students this year will change WL movement compared to previous years and how so?
Probably a mixture of FAFSA delays and it depends on school start dates. Those with earlier dates are gonna move earlier/now

Reactions: 1 user
I was just thinking about that.. Based on what people have been reporting here, with only Savannah acceptances since last Friday (and considering that Savannah only has 40 seats compared to the 300 from Athens and Augusta combined) statistically we are bound to see more movement… right?!

Reactions: 1 users
I was just thinking about that.. Based on what people have been reporting here, with only Savannah acceptances since last Friday (and considering that Savannah only has 40 seats compared to the 300 from Athens and Augusta combined) statistically we are bound to see more movement… right?!
I hope so!

I would say there’s still going to be a bit of waitlist movement (my best guess would be at least a dozen more As before the orientation in July). Just wanted to offer some clarity based on the numbers provided during my interview: 206 seats in Augusta, 60 seats in Athens, 40 seats in Savannah, and I’m pretty sure there’s 306 seats total.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say there’s still going to be a bit of waitlist movement (my best guess would be at least a dozen more As before the orientation in July). Just wanted to offer some clarity based on the numbers provided during my interview: 206 seats in Augusta, 60 seats in Athens, 40 seats in Savannah, and I’m pretty sure there’s 306 seats total.
Do we know how many people are currently assigned to each campus?

Do we know how many people are currently assigned to each campus?
So I just looked through the GroupMes and ran some quick counts:

MCG total: 300 (284 new students, 16 upper class students)
MCG Athens: 77 (62 new students, 15 upper class students)
MCG Savannah: 34 (25 new students, 9 upper class students)

***MCG Augusta does not have a dedicated GroupMe and a lot of people are in multiple groups so it’s hard to say how many students are in the Augusta group without double-counting.
But through the difference it looks like there are 197 new students in the Augusta group.

It is also to be noted that not everyone who is an upper class student has identified themselves (via an M1/M2 next to their name) so it’s difficult to say with certainty how accurate these numbers are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

***MCG Augusta does not have a dedicated GroupMe and a lot of people are in multiple groups so it’s hard to say how many students are in the Augusta group without double-counting.
But through the difference it looks like there are 197 new students in the Augusta group.

It is also to be noted that not everyone who is an upper class student has identified themselves (via an M1/M2 next to their name) so it’s difficult to say with certainty how accurate these numbers are.
Thank you for that!! Hoping for some movement today or tomorrow going crazy over here lol

Thanks for info medhealthy!! Honestly at this point it’s all speculation. We don’t know how many of the groupme exactly are current students. We don’t know how many are going elsewhere and are still in the chat. We don’t know how many got accepted but aren’t in the groupme. Lots of variables.

All we can do is wait.

Thanks for info medhealthy!! Honestly at this point it’s all speculation. We don’t know how many of the groupme exactly are current students. We don’t know how many are going elsewhere and are still in the chat. We don’t know how many got accepted but aren’t in the groupme. Lots of variables.

All we can do is wait.
Yes forreal lol