2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
definitely starting to lose hope . i just wonder if it’s time to forget abt it and move on or keep thinking i have a chance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also have a mid-May personal deadline. My overall score is above 500 but my C/P score is weak. I really wanted to end up at Mercer but there is another school that is an even better fit so if they accept me in their SMP (with guaranteed linkage) and I haven’t heard back from Mercer, I will likely withdraw from the WL that day.

I’m okay with Mercer deciding I’m not the right fit for their school, and this may sound crazy, but I’m more excited to attend and spend money at a place that wants me. My only regret is trying to stay in the South and not applying to this other school last summer.

Reactions: 1 users
Honest opinion: I feel like there will be a lot of movement in the upcoming week but after that chances of being accepted drops by almost 90%. Let’s stay hopeful everyone and have faith in god.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A. Hope it goes to one of y'all. Best wishes everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone else get the marketing email from MUSM that AMCAS opened and freaked out for a sec lol?

did anyone else get the marketing email from MUSM that AMCAS opened and freaked out for a sec lol?
I didn’t freak out because subject line was really clear. I was more annoyed than anything else. Like, they could have done the kindness of removing current folks on the WL from their mass mailing list.

Last edited:
I didn’t freak out because subject line was really clear. I was more annoyed than anything else. Like, they could have done the kindness of removing current folks on the WL from their mass mailing list.

still pretty sensitive time for all of us on the WL, so any email from them puts us on edge is what I meant..fingers crossed we hear some good news the next couple of days!

still pretty sensitive time for all of us on the WL, so any email from them puts us on edge is what I meant..fingers crossed we hear some good news the next couple of days!
Fair enough. My point was that feelings went towards frustration...I think it's just where I am at this moment with this whole process.

As always, good luck to all.

Anyone hear anything today? I’m wondering if we will see any movement tomorrow

Sooooooooooo I heard back this morning. I got a call at 8:15 AM. I was out of state on a trip and I just came back home. Finally got that ACCEPTANCE after 1107 DAYS of waiting patiently with faith in god, dedication and commitment. Good luck to all of you. Stay Strong Future Docs.

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sooooooooooo I heard back this morning. I got a call at 8:15 AM. I was out of state on a trip and I just came back home. Finally got that ACCEPTANCE after 1107 DAYS of waiting patiently with faith in god, dedication and commitment. Good luck to all of you. Stay Strong Future Docs.
WOWWW BIG CONGRATS!!!!

Did you send a letter of intent at all?

Big congrats!!! I am so happy for you after all that waiting it finally paid off, you are going to be a great doctor my friend!

Reactions: 2 users
Big congrats!!! I am so happy for you after all that waiting it finally paid off, you are going to be a great doctor my friend!
Thanks a lot to everyone for good wishes. And whoever didn’t get in this cycle, make sure to keep positive vibes and reapply for next cycle. There is a time for everyone. I didn’t get in first 2 cycles and 3rd cycle did the charm for me. So don’t give up just cuz u didn’t get in this year. You all will be doctor one day.

Reactions: 5 users
If I don’t have any substantial updates do y’all think it would still be worth it to send a letter of intent? I know in their waitlist email they said to only send substantial updates so I don’t want to piss them off lol. But I sent a letter of interest back in January before getting an interview and then ended up getting an interview the next day so might be worth a shot ??

Thanks a lot to everyone for good wishes. And whoever didn’t get in this cycle, make sure to keep positive vibes and reapply for next cycle. There is a time for everyone. I didn’t get in first 2 cycles and 3rd cycle did the charm for me. So don’t give up just cuz u didn’t get in this year. You all will be doctor one day.
HUGE congrats dude!!!

what does it mean if all your letters of recommendation updated? like all of my received dates updated. ?? probably means nothing but in general why would that happen?

what does it mean if all your letters of recommendation updated? like all of my received dates updated. ?? probably means nothing but in general why would that happen?
That happened to me back in February and I didn't get in until May, so I'm not really sure what that means, but I was definitely wondering. Probably they're just reviewing applications again.

Yes, it happened to me. Mine says received 05/01/24. Not sure what that means..

ohhh i see okayyy! thanks! did this happen to anyone else?
My letter status updated again on May 1st but nothing since then 😔

ETA: I think it just means the file was reviewed. It definitely happened to my file a couple of times during the year.

Got call for acceptance today at 5:01pm! I spoke with the same representative as the one I talked to last week during a phone call appointment to review my application!