2024-2025 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes I was talking about the 2023-2024 application cycle. Thank you so much!!
So this means we need to take the Casper exam for 2024-2025 cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone, for the Casper exam requirement, does it have to be for the 2024-2025 application cycle or is it okay if I have already submitted one from the 2023-2024 cycle? I took the exam last June and already submitted score to Drexel. I reached out to the program but no one got back. Registered for a Casper exam regardless for tomorrow so I don’t get penalized. Was wondering if anyone else was in this situation and didn’t know what to do?
Your 2023-2024 score is fine if you were able to send it to Drexel. You said you already sent it, how long ago? Do you app not show that requirement as complete?

Your 2023-2024 score is fine if you were able to send it to Drexel. You said you already sent it, how long ago? Do you app not show that requirement as complete?
I don’t see it on my Drexel app if my Casper has been completed. I submitted it last summer for the 2023-2024 cycle. I scheduled one for tomorrow just in case, lol. But wanted to check in since I wouldn’t mind taking some time to prepare for Casper

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone, for the Casper exam requirement, does it have to be for the 2024-2025 application cycle or is it okay if I have already submitted one from the 2023-2024 cycle? I took the exam last June and already submitted score to Drexel. I reached out to the program but no one got back. Registered for a Casper exam regardless for tomorrow so I don’t get penalized. Was wondering if anyone else was in this situation and didn’t know what to do?
You don’t have to retake it. Here’s what they said about the test in the interview invite email:

“If you’ve already taken a CASPer test this year, you don’t have to retake it but can have your scores sent to Drexel University College of Medicine. Please contact CASPer directly to have scores sent to the College of Medicine”

You don’t have to retake it. Here’s what they said about the test in the interview invite email:

“If you’ve already taken a CASPer test this year, you don’t have to retake it but can have your scores sent to Drexel University College of Medicine. Please contact CASPer directly to have scores sent to the College of Medicine”
Yeah I felt like the rephrasing is so vague though given that the 2024-25 cycle has opened up for the Casper exam. I didn’t get an answer back and I got the interview late last week. Thank you!

Yeah I felt like the rephrasing is so vague though given that the 2024-25 cycle has opened up for the Casper exam. I didn’t get an answer back and I got the interview late last week. Thank you!
Yeah I know what you mean. I received my interview invite back in April and during that time the 2024-2025 CASPer dates were not yet available so you should be good.

Reactions: 1 user

Yeah I felt like the rephrasing is so vague though given that the 2024-25 cycle has opened up for the Casper exam. I didn’t get an answer back and I got the interview late last week.
Yeah I know what you mean. I received my interview invite back in April and during that time the 2024-2025 CASPer dates were not yet available so you should be good.
ah okay! Thank you! Hope your interview went well and hopefully we can be classmates soon!

• Care
Another question—does anyone know when classes start for this program?

hey everyone! dpms alum here. Just to help ease your minds, last year we received two waves of acceptances. May 19th and mid June too.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my rejection today! Good luck everyone 🫶🏽🫶🏽🫶🏽

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

During my cycle last year, I did submit my Casper for the earlier medical school cycle, and they did confirm they already had it for the DPMS application. I would try to call in early tomorrow to see if you can get confirmation that you don't need to retake Casper.

hey everyone! dpms alum here. Just to help ease your minds, last year we received two waves of acceptances. May 19th and mid June too.
Thank you for the insight!

Although, May 19th of last year would translate to May 17th of this year (this Friday)…so…anxiety resume lol

Although, they seem to really be on the ball this year and it seems like the last interview date they are offering (at the moment) is May 20th. I wonder if they plan to wait until those interviews are done, as another alum/current DPMSer said, before sending out decisions…

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for the insight!

Although, May 19th of last year would translate to May 17th of this year (this Friday)…so…anxiety resume lol

Although, they seem to really be on the ball this year and it seems like the last interview date they are offering (at the moment) is May 20th. I wonder if they plan to wait until those interviews are done, as another alum/current DPMSer said, before sending out decisions…
It is also possible to send out first rounds while they finish up the last few interview dates. Anybody still having interviews after a certain point would then go into the second batch of possible decisions. But if not, then May 20th is Monday which is not too far. I would say by the end of next week should be a first round of decisions if they are following a similar timeline as ours.

Do y’all think they’ll offer any more interviews today?
No idea but unless way more folks post on SDN in the first batch than the second batch it seems like some more should go out…

Again, recognizing that 1) not everyone is on SDN, 2) not everyone that is on SDN posts when they get IIs, As, or Rs.

did u try calling and asking when's the last day they'll give any more interviews ?
I have not reached out to them :/ I don't want to call and annoy someone lol
I guess I'll know when I know :,,,(
But no rejection notification is better than nothing, maybe?

They did make it sound like they will still be reviewing applications for a while and sending out another wave of interviews so I think we shouldn't lose hope as long as we haven't gotten an R by now

Reactions: 2 users
did u try calling and asking when's the last day they'll give any more interviews ?
I did not ask about interviews invites as a whole specifically but I asked about any upsates on my app bc it's been radio silent and I kinda applied early. I just got an email saying that I should get an udpate in a week or so from dpms and that grad admissions can't provide me with updates until they hear from the college of med.

If someone's application is still under review, have they just not gotten to that application yet or are they still figuring out who to make offers to?

If someone's application is still under review, have they just not gotten to that application yet or are they still figuring out who to make offers to?
Are you referring to pre ii? I’m unsure. I believe there may be a few people in this predicament. I would just assume good things if you haven’t received an R.

Are you referring to pre ii? I’m unsure. I believe there may be a few people in this predicament. I would just assume good things if you haven’t received an R.

Yes that's what I was referring to

Hey guys CASPer results have been delivered to Drexel so a decision is in the near future! Hold faith!
IMG_4329.jpeg

For those who have interviews today, good luck!! You got this :)

• Love