234 on NBME 19. Can I break 240 on the real thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GimmeTheScalpel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Wondering what to expect on the real thing coming up. Scored 234 on NBME 19 (heard it under predicts?) but scored mid 250s on UWSA1, so not sure which is a more reliable indicator. Would appreciate input from people who already took the exam! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Wondering what to expect on the real thing coming up. Scored 234 on NBME 19 (heard it under predicts?) but scored mid 250s on UWSA1, so not sure which is a more reliable indicator. Would appreciate input from people who already took the exam! Thank you!

I got 236 on NBME 19 and 249 on UWSA 2, ended up with 249 on the real thing.

I was told that you should average your UW forms...and you will score +/- 6. There are plenty of people who score exactly like their form...score below and some score above. I scored 249 on UW1, 243 on UW2..so my average UW was 246..thus my range was 240-252..scored 251 on the real thing. I know a 12 point range is huge..but there is so much variability on test day, from how you feel during the test, to the questions you happen to get, etc. In fact, the standard error of measurement for the real test is 6 points.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that you should average your UW forms...and you will score +/- 6. There are plenty of people who score exactly like their form...score below and some score above. I scored 249 on UW1, 243 on UW2..so my average UW was 246..thus my range was 240-252..scored 251 on the real thing. I know a 12 point range is huge..but there is so much variability on test day, from how you feel during the test, to the questions you happen to get, etc. In fact, the standard error of measurement for the real test is 6 points.
Oh I see. Yeah I scored 256 on UW1 but I thought it was way too overestimated. Not sure. Maybe I got lucky. We'll see. I have NBME 18 left and UW2 so I'll see how those go also.

Oh I see. Yeah I scored 256 on UW1 but I thought it was way too overestimated. Not sure. Maybe I got lucky. We'll see. I have NBME 18 left and UW2 so I'll see how those go also.

just took the real deal, its longer than both uwsa and nbme
got there at 7am in the morning left at 5pm
was a 10 hour day for me...
roughly 8 hours of test taking w/ the break

important to bring your A game,
Practice taking nbme 18 and uwsa2 back to back one sitting.

Real deal no joke

Reactions: 1 user