anyone applying to endo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dc-10

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
where and what are your stats? Are you straight out of school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Dc-10

I have a past classmate (new grad 05) who is applying. Mid 90s boards and top 7 in class. He is doing a one year fellowship and then applying to roughly 10 schools. He told me recently that Endo is nearly demanding some work experience----GPR, Mililtary, fellowship. Well most are unless you have some incredible scores and great references. That is all I know. Obviously you know its competetive but there is a program somewhere for everyone.

Good Luck,
Dr.B

Hi,
What is he doing a fellowship in?

Dr.2b said:
Hey Dc-10

I have a past classmate (new grad 05) who is applying. Mid 90s boards and top 7 in class. He is doing a one year fellowship and then applying to roughly 10 schools. He told me recently that Endo is nearly demanding some work experience----GPR, Mililtary, fellowship. Well most are unless you have some incredible scores and great references. That is all I know. Obviously you know its competetive but there is a program somewhere for everyone.

Good Luck,
Dr.B

Members don't see this ad :)
dc-10 said:
Hi,
What is he doing a fellowship in?

His fellowship is not specialty specific. The fellowship (called Oral Medicine) is a position where he'll be seeing private patients 2x a week, helping the D4s during a treatment planning/triage rotation, and he then gets to attend any Endo lectures/events he wants to----including doing endo research.

Dr.2b said:
His fellowship is not specialty specific. The fellowship (called Oral Medicine) is a position where he'll be seeing private patients 2x a week, helping the D4s during a treatment planning/triage rotation, and he then gets to attend any Endo lectures/events he wants to----including doing endo research.

Sounds interesting, but does he believe it will give him enough "real-world" experience that most endo programs are seeking?

It sounds like a pretty cushy year, although the endo research will undoubtedly be a benefit.

ItsGavinC said:
Sounds interesting, but does he believe it will give him enough "real-world" experience that most endo programs are seeking?

It sounds like a pretty cushy year, although the endo research will undoubtedly be a benefit.

Make sure to investigate if work-experience or fellowship is more important.

The Endo program at Loma Linda requires at least 2 years of work experience. I know majority of USC's Endo students have some years of work experience.

All important and accurate statements: However, the student of concern actually has a big "foot-in-the-door" with a particular school. I wouldn't advise a fellowship to help gain experience or pad your CV----for the same reasons as the above posters mention. His situation is unique.

Dr.B