Casper 2023/2024 Scoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1127945

Scoring for 2023/2024:

MedSchoolInsiders states the Casper will not be using video performance scores in their assessments of the quartiles. I want to clarify whether this is true as I’ve seen contradictory information elsewhere. How is Casper scoring the test this time?

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for your response. I have read that Casper is implementing an early adopters program where a very limited number of schools will be receiving video scoring results. However, I do not think the video scoring results will be implemented into this years quartile scoring.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response. I have read that Casper is implementing an early adopters program where a very limited number of schools will be receiving video scoring results. However, I do not think the video scoring results will be implemented into this years quartile scoring.
That seemed to apply for last year's cycle. Reading the changes for this cycle, the video response format will continue. Again, I defer if I am wrong.

You are definitely correct that the video response format will be continuing. But I was wondering how those scoring of video responses will be implemented in the quartiles. See the following:

I wish the Casper website was a little more explicit on how video responses will be used.

Hi @fullhop

Thank you for enquiring about video response in the Casper SJT this year. We are pretty excited about the new format and its potential impact on improving fairness and equity in admissions. In regards to scoring, programs will receive a single combined score of your responses from both the typed and video response sections. Quartiles will also include video responses.

We put together this FAQ which answers a number of other questions you may have. You can also watch this recorded webinar where our success team covers what has changed this year.

Feel free to reach out to the Acuity team directly if you have any further inquiries. You can do so using the chat bubble on the bottom corner of acuityinsights.app.

Best of luck with your Casper test and future applications!

The Acuity Insights Team

I really hope the videos are not included because I think I bombed that section. I'm not used to recording myself.
I've seen examples online of a perfect response to practice questions that touches on all of the core values, but I would love to see what a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quartile response look like.

@AnonymousAnt and @fullhop Our apologies and many thanks for your keen eyes! You are correct that the email says this. Our team has made the necessary changes to our automated emails so that it now reflects the correct information.

So that there is no confusion, we want to re-iterate that the quartile score an applicant receives reflects a combined score from both the video response and typed response sections of the test.

Thank you again,

The Acuity Insights Team