Chances of Interviewing at Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojoue0

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to go to Columbia for a long time. The program itself is great but equally important is the proximity to my family who is dependent on me. I've been reading that the school takes DAT scores into consideration a lot. I know that the decision-making process can seem random but is it likely to at least get an interview if I have high DAT scores? I fortunately got a 24AA (24 Bio, 30 GC, 24 OC, 24 QR, 21 RC) and a 23 PAT. However, it was a retake. (I didn't do too bad the first time. I got a 21AA but had a low reading score that was bothersome).

Some info about me: I'm a bit older than most on this site (still in the twenties) so I'm not taking the traditional route. I got my pre-reqs done (3.8 GPA overall), shadowing in (6 dentists - some a handful of hours, other a dozen hours), etc. The biggest hurdle is getting letters but I'm getting there.

What are the chances of scoring an interview at Columbia based on the DAT scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you'll get accepted. Just stay optimistic.

I didn't get an interview there and I have 25AA and 3.87GPA. I do think scores matter but they do review the entirety of the application. Good Luck!