Disciplinary Hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jeff Cheng

Reaction score
I graduated during January of 2024. I was notified that I had damaged the wall which was caused from accidentally hitting the wall while moving out around January (I moved out December). I was told I’d be contacted by the Office of Student Conduct, at which point I thought nothing of as it was an accident. Fast forward to April: I wanted to see how to request my transcript. I had received no communication at this point regarding my case. However, when I tried to request, it said I was placed on disciplinary hold. I contacted the office of student contact, and they said that I had to pay the price for the damages, which I’m perfectly okay with. However, they seemed to imply this would be regarded as a conduct violation and I would have to report to medical schools. I requested my records and have not yet received them, so I cannot definitively confirm. This issue has been causing me immense stress, even if the violation is trivial. I was wondering what I should do if it does end up being reported as a conduct violation. Should I attempt to appeal it? And if it does, how harmful will it be for me when I report it to medical schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Would we want someone in our community who did that??? I think that the answer is "not a problem; you are welcome here." That's in essence how the conversations go with institutional actions. Many things are not worth losing sleep over and this is one of them. Pay the fine and get on with life.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated during January of 2024. I was notified that I had damaged the wall which was caused from accidentally hitting the wall while moving out around January (I moved out December). I was told I’d be contacted by the Office of Student Conduct, at which point I thought nothing of as it was an accident. Fast forward to April: I wanted to see how to request my transcript. I had received no communication at this point regarding my case. However, when I tried to request, it said I was placed on disciplinary hold. I contacted the office of student contact, and they said that I had to pay the price for the damages, which I’m perfectly okay with. However, they seemed to imply this would be regarded as a conduct violation and I would have to report to medical schools. I requested my records and have not yet received them, so I cannot definitively confirm. This issue has been causing me immense stress, even if the violation is trivial. I was wondering what I should do if it does end up being reported as a conduct violation. Should I attempt to appeal it? And if it does, how harmful will it be for me when I report it to medical schools?

I remember I accidentally damaged my cheapo dorm wall at some point from some completely innocuous activity (maybe putting a poster up with some wall glue...). I freaked out and then did some googling and learned about the magic of dry wall repair. It was a good lesson for the next 10+ years of apartment living.

Reactions: 3 users
Welcome to your future apartment life where you deposit at least an extra month of rent and STILL have to pay for future anticipated damages. Pet rent is the worst tax on renters, but it's warranted for the larger animals you bring with you.

This is like having a hold on your transcript because you forgot to pay your library past-due fee (if those still exist). Just pay it. Report it if the Student Conduct office has a record, and move on.

Reactions: 1 users
#1 thing is to never donate one penny to this University ever.

Reactions: 1 users