Help deciding when to take my DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leahlocks45

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI EVERYONE <3
I wanted advice on if I'm taking my DAT too late. I have already applied to schools and have one DAT score on file (not a good score). I plan to retake it at the end of September-beginning of October. Will this be considered too late?

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion that is late for this cycle :/ But I would still contact schools and ask them what they think is late for them because I have heard of some applicants getting post-December interviews with a DAT around that time. Good luck!

No use crying over spilt milk. If you can’t move your DAT date and you’ve already spent the money and energy of applying this cycle just take it and update them.

it is what it is. Focus all your energy on doing well on the DAT now.

for the record I know of many people in my school who interviewed post December, up to some who even got in the week school started in the fall.

Reactions: 1 users
In my opinion that is late for this cycle :/ But I would still contact schools and ask them what they think is late for them because I have heard of some applicants getting post-December interviews with a DAT around that time. Good luck!
Thank you! What would you say is the latest date to take your DAT is (for this application cycle)?

Thank you! What would you say is the latest date to take your DAT is (for this application cycle)?
Id say before the end of this month! But if you feel as though the scheduled timeline you chose will give you the best chance of scoring competitively, then I would rather you use the time to study and do well :)

Reactions: 1 user