Hours for clinical and non clinical for non read full time workers in non-clinical fields

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andii

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who had/have full time corporate jobs: how many clinical hours did you have? And how did you manage non clinical? I can’t give up my consulting gig but would love insight into how to balance it all?

Members don't see this ad.

I got about 250 clinical volunteer hours over the course of a year, 4-8 hours a week. I only volunteered on weekends since I was working weekdays.

For non-clinical volunteering, I already had about 100 from undergrad and picked up an additional 150 while working, mainly through tutoring underserved kids. That worked well because I could schedule it around my schedule.

I got about 250 clinical volunteer hours over the course of a year, 4-8 hours a week. I only volunteered on weekends since I was working weekdays.

For non-clinical volunteering, I already had about 100 from undergrad and picked up an additional 150 while working, mainly through tutoring underserved kids. That worked well because I could schedule it around my schedule.
Might I ask how you managed to do that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Might I ask how you managed to do that?

For the clinical volunteering, I worked with a local hospital that had an established volunteering program. I let them know my availability (usually 4-8 hours Sunday) and they set up hours. For tutoring, there was a volunteer program matching tutors and students through my local public library. Most hours were on weekday nights after work.

Last edited:
For the clinical volunteering, I worked with a local hospital that had an established volunteering program. I let them know my availability (usually 4-8 hours Sunday) and they set up hours. For tutoring, there was a volunteer program matching tutors and students through my local public library. Most hours were on weekday nights after work.
Were you a non trad full time employee too? Do you have any advice for juggling work, Mcat and volunteering?

Were you a non trad full time employee too? Do you have any advice for juggling work, Mcat and volunteering?
Yes, I was a non trad full time employee. Daytime went to my job. Nights and weekends were spent on getting things done for med school.