Pharmacy How do I draw attention to my resume for first job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I graduated this year and just moved to a new state in the midwest due to family issues and got licensed here. I have three years of inpatient pharmacy intern experiences, four months of experience in a community pharmacy, and did most of the rotations in hospitals. My goal is to work at the hospital, but I didn't get matched for the residency this year. Now, I am looking for a job applying for both community pharmacies and hospitals as a staff pharmacist to start my career. However, I have been applying for almost about a month now to 10+ jobs but haven't received any phone calls for an interview. I just need any advice or tip on the resume or cover letter. Thank you so much in advance!!
Do you have any red flags?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think I have any "red flags" and I moved to MI. By the way, thank you for the replies!!
Ok, Detroit, Ann Arbor, and the surrounding areas are not going to hire you without a residency. You might have a chance in Battle Creek or Lansing, but considering how closed the state is, it's an uphill battle. You're probably going to have to go rural or with the state to begin your career. I hope you are mobile.

New grad with no residency - you are going to have to look broad to find a job. I see quite a few jobs that are recently posted in Michigan. None of them are at big medical centers. If you have any connections anywhere, you need to use them.

Have a couple of extra people look at your CV and your Cover letter. In this time we are getting a bit picky. Be very diligent when you are answering questions on the applications and make sure you aren't misunderstanding something and getting disqualified. Also you need to be patient. You say that you have been applying for almost a month but our hiring process can be longer than that. Also, remember that other new grads have been applying for months now. All that means that you should also prioritize jobs that have been recently posted. If the job has been posted for more than a month then there is a good chance that hiring process is either moving slow or the institution has entered a hiring freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.