How do pods sell their solo practice when it is time to retire?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

If given a choice, would you prefer a solo practice over group practice

• Yes, I would prefer a solo practice

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • no, I prefer a group practice

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

GentlePod

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an Ohio podiatrist and have been in solo practice for over 17 years. I am ready to retire to Florida. I never thought I would want to retire early, it was not my original plan. Is there a forum that allows "practice for sale" postings?

Members don't see this ad.

You're going to have to find a graduate of a training program, show them your books, and hope they don't understand the current wreck of healthcare in the US. Judging by the posts here, most of these folks have this sense they'll be in a "salaried" position at a hospital, orthopedic group, or some other wonder of the earth. Somewhere along the line podiatrists forgot they were office based docs, and with five to ten thousand dollar deductibles may be left wondering why they didn't research what exactly they were getting into. Essentially you'll have to be brutally honest with a potential buyer.

I'm an Ohio podiatrist and have been in solo practice for over 17 years. I am ready to retire to Florida. I never thought I would want to retire early, it was not my original plan. Is there a forum that allows "practice for sale" postings?
There are brokers that can help you sell your practice. You can find them on the back of the APMA mag or list your practice on podiatryexchange.org