Is a typo critical on secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icedsoylatte

Reaction score
I wrote "DO/MPH" when I meant "MD/MPH" and I am panicking over this. I thankfully got the school name correct though... will this mistake make a difference in their decision?

Members don't see this ad.

not usually.

In this case it might due to the fact that it makes it look like you were copying and pasting. Won’t hurt too badly.

Don’t worry as there isn’t much you can do about it now.

always proofread

Reactions: 1 user
Here is the definitive answer to that. It doesnt matter. You cant do anything about and therefore any energy you waste on thinking about it will do nothing but give you worry and and stress. Move on
not usually.

In this case it might due to the fact that it makes it look like you were copying and pasting. Won’t hurt too badly.

Don’t worry as there isn’t much you can do about it now.

always proofread
Thanks people!

I’m sure it will impact opinion of the reader of your application, but it almost certainly will have less of an impact than you probably think that it will.

The readers are people too. They understand small mistakes, and it’s no secret that applicants are applying to so many schools with so many secondaries.

I would not worry about this. If you get rejected post-secondary from this school, I suspect you had other issues with your application.

Reactions: 1 user