MCW vs Creighton...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happypremed11234

Reaction score
I am accepted into both MCW and Creighton (Arrupe global scholar program - 50% scholarship for Creighton tuition).... I am out of state for both (currently live in midwest - same drive/distance for each school from home) I am struggling to decide between the two schools. I am interested in a surgical specialty, most heavily interested in ortho or ENT at the moment.

Any advice / thoughts....?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like the money is with Creighton right now, so paying like 30k less a year would be wonderful

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! I would consider whether you want to extend your training to do 5 years with the Arrupe program especially if you are very into global health that you want that extra year. Also, consider what city you want to live in, did you get accepted to the Phoenix or Omaha campus? Creighton has the bonus of cheaper cost overall with the Aruppe; both are great schools. I think the Omaha campus if I am correct they do not have an ortho or ENT home residency program so that might be a con but it is still hard to give up that $30,000 per year less. I am not sure about the Phoenix campus though but MCW has home residencies in ortho and ENT. I would still review the match results from both prgrams as well. Ultimately it is what matters to you the most whether taking on more loans is something you want to avoid.

Reactions: 1 user