Oral boards 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I used the 2018 version and it was fine

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Results are out, passed!

Walked out convinced I bombed one of the stems. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Just want to give my experience since I’ve read everyone else’s on here for years.

I used UBP and HO. All ITEs and advanced were >90% so felt I had a good knowledge base, but I knew I was poor at oral board skills. HO was better for me personally. I liked the lecture format and the mocks were closer to the actual examiners.

OSCE was as the outline stated. Monitors section was trickier and faster paced than expected. I think would be better if they added that during the SOE somehow.

First case was a horrible nightmare. Was hit hard on subspecialty topics and realized I missed a potential major differential right as I was walking out.

Second case was straight forward and as expected. Hardest part was shifting gears between cases after coming out of a tough one.

Anyway just wanted to give my thoughts since it was really helpful to read everyone else’s. The exam caused a lot of anxiety and I wish there was another way to certify us. Glad I passed and don’t have to go through that again!

Reactions: 1 user