PennVet vs Midwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vetmed2022!!

Reaction score
Hi!! I’m currently deciding between penn vet and midwestern. I know that midwestern is not even close to as established as PennVet, but I’m looking to do shelter medicine and I know Midwestern focuses a lot on that. Collaborative culture and accessible professors are very important to me. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t know anything about Midwestern. I do know that as someone who was also interested in shelter med, Penn was my top choice. They have a shelter medicine program. They are an amazing school, the best veterinarians I know are Penn graduates. I am not at Penn, so hopefully someone else can chime in, but if I had the opportunity I would go there in a heartbeat over one of the newer and less established schools.

Just here to say I also Got accepted to mwu and I may accept that seat! But my penn interview isn't until the 24th so I don't even know if I have a choice lol My one thought between the two schools is that because mwu is so new, their equipment/facilities are newer and more modern than penn. Also the reason mwu vet school was established was because of the recognized need for community vet services in Glendale/phoenix.