Pepperdine MA or MFT classes, assignments, workload

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lettersandnumbers

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering for a full-time professional who is going back to school, what are the MFT/MA classes at Pepperdine like? Are the assignments mostly reading and writing? Are there multiple choice exams as well? Are the classes more experiential or more academic based (reading, writing, exams)? If I work full time and I am slow reader and writer will taking two classes a week be overwhelming? Is this the same for other MFT programs in Southern California, e.g., Antioch, Phillips, Chapman? Thank you for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering for a full-time professional who is going back to school, what are the MFT/MA classes at Pepperdine like? Are the assignments mostly reading and writing? Are there multiple choice exams as well? Are the classes more experiential or more academic based (reading, writing, exams)? If I work full time and I am slow reader and writer will taking two classes a week be overwhelming? Is this the same for other MFT programs in Southern California, e.g., Antioch, Phillips, Chapman? Thank you for any advice.
I attended Pepperdine’s MA program about ten years ago so it is possible that things have changed. When I was there it was mainly geared towards multiple choice tests and it was quite academically challenging and rigorous. There was an extensive amount of experiential learning as well. Not a ton of written work as I recall although writing up assessment reports for the first time was challenging enough. It was a great program but very expensive.