QUESTION//USU MCAT??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

argos303

Reaction score
P

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any reason you aren’t retaking the MCAT? Back in my day the max score was 45 so I don’t have an intuitive sense for what is a good score in the new MCAT but if they are publishing that you need above a certain number to be considered I would make sure your score is above that number.

I think you need to break at least 508 to be safe.

Your prior service will definitely give you more credit when being put against your peers but you also want to make sure your application does not get screened out due to low MCAT Score.

Is there a person accepted with a low MCAT score? yes sure. But they are the minority. You are now jeopardizing yourself to be put on the low selection pool by not retaking the MCAT.

You should reach out to the board to see their criteria. I've heard conflicting information, which I assume to be attributed to multiple models of screening. One way is that it's all calculated so higher score equals better chances. Another, once you meet minimums the next phase doesn't even get to see your scores so it's all about the essays/interview.

Best of luck, I'm applying to USU this summer also.