re: interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alkylate

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
It's that time of the year again waiting for interview invites/etc... As I'm going through my specialty-specific 2017-2018 interview invite thread, I can't help but ask myself if I'm basically rejected from a program when I see a student post that they received an interview invite from a program I applied to. Is this a reasonable assumption?
Also, I submitted my application on the 24th (basically 9 days later), is it possible that they might not have seen my application amongst the first batch of interview invites they sent?
Just looking for any sliver of hope :-S

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
It's that time of the year again waiting for interview invites/etc... As I'm going through my specialty-specific 2017-2018 interview invite thread, I can't help but ask myself if I'm basically rejected from a program when I see a student post that they received an interview invite from a program I applied to. Is this a reasonable assumption?
No.

Also, I submitted my application on the 24th (basically 9 days later), is it possible that they might not have seen my application amongst the first batch of interview invites they sent?
Just looking for any sliver of hope :-S

Thanks!
Maybe

Many programs send invitations in waves or do a rolling invitations where they invite more as people cancel their interviews (almost 20% per our own internal metrics). Some possibly haven't sent out invites yet. Not time to sound the alarm, yet.