Resolved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mstpgrind

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Resolved

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Go to South Carolina if you have IS tuition there. You can’t really read the match list like that since the school heavily takes IS residents who probably want to stay in the state/region and practice primary care.

Reactions: 1 users
Go to South Carolina if you have IS tuition there. You can’t really read the match list like that since the school heavily takes IS residents who probably want to stay in the state/region and practice primary care.
I do have IS tuition after the first year. That’s a really good point about selection bias… but how can I be *sure* that that match opportunities won’t be closed off to me?

Members don't see this ad :)
I do have IS tuition after the first year. That’s a really good point about selection bias… but how can I be *sure* that that match opportunities won’t be closed off to me?
What’s the COA difference then over 4 years? I remember that the South Carolina schools charged a lot for OOS tuition, so even 1 year of that could make the difference rather small.

Oakland does well but I don’t see how it clearly opens doors like some of the research powerhouse schools.

Is it your direct family there then or relatives? Relatives can be nice help still, but it obviously is less impactful than a close relationship with parents or a sibling who would be right there.

Reactions: 1 user
What’s the COA difference then over 4 years? I remember that the South Carolina schools charged a lot for OOS tuition, so even 1 year of that could make the difference rather small.

Oakland does well but I don’t see how it clearly opens doors like some of the research powerhouse schools.

Is it your direct family there then or relatives? Relatives can be nice help still, but it obviously is less impactful than a close relationship with parents or a sibling who would be right there.
Tuition is very similar for either school.
It is a direct relative who I’d live with.

Tuition is very similar for either school.
It is a direct relative who I’d live with.
It’s up to how much you value your happiness then. Living with a direct relative and not having to deal with cold winters can positively impact how well you do as a student.

Reactions: 1 user
Seasonal depression might exist for you at Oakland, but in the end you choose either one. I believe both options are about as equal to each other as they possibly can be. I know I might suffer from seasonal depression coming from the south so I'm glad to be attending a school down south (it's more south than SC but still).