"Safe Interviews"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pumpkinman

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a "safe" interview? I saw someone mention this term and didn't know what it meant. For example, someone said they didn't feel comfortable with where they were at because they only had two "not safe" interviews (A T20 interview + A T5) and a couple Pre-II rejections. Is what they're saying valid / what does it even mean?

Members don't see this ad.

Is there such a thing as a "safe" interview? I saw someone mention this term and didn't know what it meant. For example, someone said they didn't feel comfortable with where they were at because they only had two "not safe" interviews (A T20 interview + A T5) and a couple Pre-II rejections. Is what they're saying valid / what does it even mean?
I think they meant the post II rate is low for those interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at schools with good post-interview acceptance rates, but I sure don't feel safe.

Reactions: 3 users
Nothing is guaranteed.

You can have safety applications, but even those are not guaranteed. They just give you a better chance.

Reactions: 2 users
Many applicants break their lists into reach, target, and safe schools. I would guess that a safe interview means one at a presumed safe school.

The T5 and T20 could be reach and target interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Many applicants break their lists into reach, target, and safe schools. I would guess that a safe interview means one at a presumed safe school.

The T5 and T20 could be reach and target interviews.
No one can say t5 or t20 is a target school. Even the best applicants can’t.

Reactions: 1 users
They shouldn't, but that doesn't mean they don't.

No one is safe. Proceed with cautious optimism but have contingency plans. I was lucky getting in the first time I tried. Now don't get me wrong, I worked super hard for it and deserved it, but I won't deny that luck was involved of course. That being said, your stats could be amazing and your CV could be glowing but you can never be sure. Even though they are important, stats alone aren't the be all end all.

Reactions: 2 users
In general, how many T20 interviews do y'all think equate to the 3 non-T20 interviews = doctor 'rule'. 4 or 5 T20 interviews?