Pharmacy Texas MPJE Pharmacy Exam 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm trying to take the Texas MPJE, any helpful tips for studying for this? Goal is to take this by the end of the year.

I'm assuming you're out of state. Probably not the place to have the conversation, I would look in the Pharmacy Licensure subforum.

I can tell you that you don't need the Brinkley book (it's set before 2016, and most of the current regulations date from the 2017 fiscal year), and it is known to be out of date for TX due to the changes in their CSA. You need the "Blue Book" as that is how the examination is set:

A couple of things to think about Texas specfic headaches:
1. You want to read the section on TABC, because Texas does ask questions with respect to TABC vs pharmacy jurisdiction in dry or moist counties.

2. You must be able to distinguish between the class differences in Chapter 291 (the pharmacy classes) especially if a pharmacy has overlapping rules.

3. There are always questions on drug destruction that are Texas specific and that the paperwork is two years.

4. Texas has more restrictive rules on partials and what you can modify on a prescription. You need to read that section carefully, and on the rules of the official paper forms when it comes to CS prescribing and what can be accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.