Thank you for phase II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamingoftmrw

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the etiquette for writing thank you emails for phase II? Would you suggest sending a quick email?

Members don't see this ad.

Pro tip: If sending out thank you letters or emails to multiple people at a site, try to customize them instead of copy pasting for each person. Recipients will compare occasionally with each other what’s on their card just for fun.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
even more for phase II than phase I: you have more to gain than you have to lose. just do it

You should always be sending "thank you's"; phase I, phase II, scramble, encounters, networking, etc. It is good practice in our community because pharmacy is a small world -- even may seem smaller when your even slightly ambitious. Additionally, it is even more important to be sending them when things don't exactly work out in your favor (ex. not matching, declines for interviews).

I personally have done this and have received back positives response (especially when I have asked for constructive criticism that would help me grow). With that same breath, I have also not received any response despite my email sent in good-faith -- but I know I did my due-diligence and left things on a positive note*.

Personalize them, send in an appropriate amount of time, be personable, and always professional!