TOURO CA MSMHS-COM 2024-2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CristoM

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread yet for this cycle, so decided to create it! Feel free to post if you are applying or have been accepted :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't see a thread yet for this cycle, so decided to create it! Feel free to post if you are applying or have been accepted :)
Applied mid March and accepted mid April. Finishing my last pre-requisite course O chem this Monday.
Excited to begin, I live an hour away but choosing to do fully online and only commute if accepted into DO program. That way I can have extra time to do well, since I will still work part-time.

Applied mid March and accepted mid April. Finishing my last pre-requisite course O chem this Monday.
Excited to begin, I live an hour away but choosing to do fully online and only commute if accepted into DO program. That way I can have extra time to do well, since I will still work part-time.
Congrats! I’m pretty sure I wanna do in person (for me I’ve had enough of online to last a while cause of covid 😅). Also live an hour away and figuring out if I wanna commute or move closer

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully more people will reply the thread and we can get a GroupMe chat going

Hi ya'll! I'm a current MSMHS student who just got accepted into the med school. I did the program remote but live an hour from the school. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Hi ya'll! I'm a current MSMHS student who just got accepted into the med school. I did the program remote but live an hour from the school. Let me know if you have any questions :)
Wow congrats, so happy for you!
My biggest question is the workload? And as far as mandatory attendance how much is mandatory?
During the Q&A they said most lectures are optional but that professors notice of course
What is the schedule like that is mandatory and did you participate in person when you wanted to for stuff? Did you just meet the minimum 3.0 and 490+ mcat ?

Wow congrats, so happy for you!
My biggest question is the workload? And as far as mandatory attendance how much is mandatory?
During the Q&A they said most lectures are optional but that professors notice of course
What is the schedule like that is mandatory and did you participate in person when you wanted to for stuff? Did you just meet the minimum 3.0 and 490+ mcat ?
Thanks so much!!
In the fall, our class schedules were usually from 10am - 3pm, M-F. We had mandatory TBL (team based learning) maybe every 2-3 weeks which consisted of mostly biochem quizzes. The last 3 weeks of the fall semester had more mandatory classes because we had integrative TBL sessions, research group work, and journal club presentations. Exams in the fall were every 4 weeks. Yes, most of the lectures are optional and I know that several of my classmates never showed up unless it was mandatory or an exam day. If I noticed, I'm sure the instructors noticed too. I don't think it will necessarily hurt you, but I will say that when it comes to TUCOM admissions, I heard that instructors provide commentary on the students that they want to recommend for admissions, so keep that in mind.
Also, I saw that you mentioned working in a previous post. I know a few people who did work and it's really tough. I'm sure they met the minimum cutoff, but I don't think they performed as well as they would have liked. They made it work though - kudos to them! I did the program as a parent of an infant and that was a full time job in itself, but it was possible.
As for in person activities, I went to campus a few times. A group of us asked to visit the anatomy lab to study the brains for neuroscience and the cadavers in anatomy during the spring. There were also a few osteopathic activities at the OMM lab that I participated in. I honestly loved doing the program remote because it was just easier to roll out of bed and sign onto zoom for class right before start time lol. If you have a 490 MCAT minimum, then TUCOM will focus solely on your performance in the masters program as long as you meet the 3.0 gpa or get an 80% overall. I had a 496 MCAT after 3 attempts and finished the masters with a 3.55 (Finished undergrad with a 2.60 gpa, and 2.4 science gpa). It wasn't easy, but it was very doable, and I feel like the exams are suuuuper fair.
Let me know if you have any other questions! I was lurking through the thread last year looking for answers, so I wanna provide as much help as I can!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
hi, i applied in april and still havent heard back yet :( how long do u guys think it takes to hear back?

congrats! i just finished my first year of OMS1 after doing masters last year, so lmk if you have any questions about the med school part lol

hey i also did the program online last year! I lived in sac area. I did work on the weekends, but tbh I had no life outside of work and school. The program is rigorious and they do say do not study for mcat or work! So depending on how the first few weeks go and if you are able to manage the course load with working, then continue but if you can't I would highly recommend just focusing on the master's program. It all depends on how well you can manage your time, effectively study, etc.

I sent out my application in Late April, I genuinely hope I get into this program.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i also did the program online last year! I lived in sac area. I did work on the weekends, but tbh I had no life outside of work and school. The program is rigorious and they do say do not study for mcat or work! So depending on how the first few weeks go and if you are able to manage the course load with working, then continue but if you can't I would highly recommend just focusing on the master's program. It all depends on how well you can manage your time, effectively study, etc.
Did you do the program fully online? How did that work for exams or labs and stuff?

Did you do the program fully online? How did that work for exams or labs and stuff?
yes, anatomy lab is online and its mainly diagrams from the textbooks unlabeled and you work in groups to label them. Also you do some radiographs like xrays and stuff for online anatomy. Practicals that are online are just the same or similar images unlabeled and it will ask you to label it.

exams are through examsoft. you download a program where it tracks your screen, and your movement (like getting up, etc.) and also you have another device like your phone or ipad set up on the side and log into zoom on it and someone from the program also monitors you and answers any questions you have during the exam.

ahh has anyone heard anything from them this week?
If it’s been 30 days then you can email Naisha.
They send emails on Wednesdays usually.
They forgot to send mine and only found out because I got an email that I have a Touro student account, so emailed and was forwarded the acceptance

If it’s been 30 days then you can email Naisha.
They send emails on Wednesdays usually.
They forgot to send mine and only found out because I got an email that I have a Touro student account, so emailed and was forwarded the acceptance
okay, i've just received the touro student acc, i'll email them!!

Does the remote option of the program force you to be nearby or do you need to come in sometimes? I was hoping to try doing it from SoCal.
Also I wanted to see what the timeline is for getting in and applying to the med school? Is it like you start the program and apply to the DO School at the same time so by the time you finish the masters program you go straight into the med school?

Does the remote option of the program force you to be nearby or do you need to come in sometimes? I was hoping to try doing it from SoCal.
Also I wanted to see what the timeline is for getting in and applying to the med school? Is it like you start the program and apply to the DO School at the same time so by the time you finish the masters program you go straight into the med school?
no you can be anywhere. people from the east coast have done it!
i did it remote also
pm me for more detailed answers.