UHS interview questions? Anyone? Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NickE

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I was recently granted an interview at UHS in Kansas City. If anyone has interviewed there of other places and would like to give specifics, please do! I would also like to hear the buzz regarding the chances of acceptance there if chosen for interview assuming personality and medical knowledge is fine.
Thanks,
Nick

Members don't see this ad.

Nick-

I haven't interviewed at UHS, but I know there are alot of people out here that have. You should definitely check out this website: http://www.med.jhu.edu/meded_feedback/ It contains interview reports submitted by interviewees at all of the schools. I found the site really helpful for my interviews. Good luck to you!

Stef

Nick

Try not to stress too much. UHS interviews are usually very pleasant. The faculty
try to make it a positive experience. There may be a few pointed questions (see the
aforementioned web site), but for the most part they just want to get to know you
better. The best advice (for any interview) is to just BE YOURSELF! Don't try to be
something you're not. If you don't know the answer to a question then just say so
(NEVER TRY TO BLUFF YOUR WAY THROUGH A TOUGH QUESTION). They DON'T expect you to know
everything, but they DO expect you to be honest! Also, I'd say your chances at UHS are
excellant. When I was going through the process there were over 5000 applications,
they gave 300-400 interviews and accepted 225. If you are wait-listed, call, write
letters, LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED! GOOD LUCK!

Nick
I interviewed in the first group this year Oct 2nd. I was accepted
Oct 20th. I had 2 interviewers, super nice people a PhD and a DO.
As others have expressed try not to be nervous and be yourself. While
some people had ethical questions my questions were tailored to specifics
in my application; I was asked a couple questions on what I thought
about healhcare issues today. There are some wonderful sites for you to
brush up on current events as related to medicine. i.e.
www.am-osteo-assn.org and and www.am-osteo-assn.org/news1.htm.
Try and read the Feb 1997 NY Times Article on Osteopathy and The DO Pleasee.mail me any specific questions you have and I will try and pass
on any advice. [email protected].
Good Luck
smile.gif

Diane E
UHS-COM 2003