UIW vs. USAHS Austin,TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hugrande

Reaction score
I recently was accepted to the University of the Incarnate Word and University of St. Augustine in Austin, and I wanted to see if anyone had any pros/cons for each, or advice for me to decide which school to attend. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted into USAHS in Austin as well and I cant speak for UIW since I didnt apply there but ill give you my two cents on why I am attending USAHS considering I got into two other schools (Thomas Jefferson & Samuel Merrit). First off the Tuition for USAHS is 111k for the entire 3 years which is pretty a lot but considering its in Austin Texas, the cost of living will be less then the two universities above. I honestly picked the school that will cost me much less for the entire program even if the tuition is on the high end, the cost of living will substantially balance it out. I had a friend who only graduated with only 130k from USAHS and was able to pay it off in 2 years, considering he's single with no kids and just lived frugally for a bit. Hope my answer helps!

I got accepted into USAHS in Austin as well and I cant speak for UIW since I didnt apply there but ill give you my two cents on why I am attending USAHS considering I got into two other schools (Thomas Jefferson & Samuel Merrit). First off the Tuition for USAHS is 111k for the entire 3 years which is pretty a lot but considering its in Austin Texas, the cost of living will be less then the two universities above. I honestly picked the school that will cost me much less for the entire program even if the tuition is on the high end, the cost of living will substantially balance it out. I had a friend who only graduated with only 130k from USAHS and was able to pay it off in 2 years, considering he's single with no kids and just lived frugally for a bit. Hope my answer helps!
This is great advice, thank you! I also am looking to attend whichever school will leave me with the least amount of debt overall, so thank you!