USN Nevada-How can I look for apartments and roomates?

https://medlinkanesthesia.com/
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grass

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am from out of state and will be attending USN in Nevada campus this fall. USN doesn't have dorms so I'm wondering how I am going to find apartments near the school (I probably will have to take bus or train since I won't have a car) and roomates. Is the school going to help me find this or what do I need to do? This is my first time going away to another state for school so I don't have a clue.
Any current pharmacy students at USN or anyone who knows about this please share this information. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think for the most part you are on your own in finding housing. I'd recommend going down to nevada for maybe a week to look at apartments. Do this as early as possible. USN also said they have a roommate database that they can match you with possible roommates.

For now, www.rent.com allows you to search for apartments within a certain area, so you can enter USN's address. I'm also sure theres some sites on the internet that allow you to search for roommates.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mesa Club is right down the street from the school (probably about a 3-5 minute drive). The cost isn't that bad and you get a decent sized apartment (the last time I was looking, winter 2005, the cost was ~$875 or so). I've never lived there myself, but I was considering it. Their phone number is: 702-456-8400.

I live at Montego Bay. It's real pretty here and there's lots of different unique floor plans to choose from. It's about 5-10 minutes from the college (depending on how many lights you catch, because there's a lot of those). The cost for two bedrooms is around 950. Their phone number is: 702-456-9009. There's a lot more apartments around here too, those are just the two that I looked at and liked that are pretty close to the school.

there will be a bunch of apartments for rent...so don't worry. The most common one students stay at is Green Stone Valley (old name was Cabo), then Mesa Club, Camden, etc.. The rent is quite expensive, however. If you rent out with a roommate then it's better. A better solution is that if u know another student who lives in a house of 3-4 bedrooms, then share it...cheaper. It would be like 400-500 bucks/month...rather than spending 800-900/month for 1 room apartment....but again, u have more freedom.

Email Dr. Deyoung and he'll give u a list of people who want to share.

wow, $800-$900 is very expensive for a 1 bedroom. Are apartments in Henderson area typically range in these prices???
By the way, are you guys also going to staying in apts in Henderson?

wow, $800-$900 is very expensive for a 1 bedroom:eek:. I was hoping to get a 2 bedroom apt for about $800. Are apartments in Henderson area typically range in these prices???
By the way, are you guys also going to staying in apts in Henderson?

I've been told by Dr. Deyoung that the average price for a 2 bedroom apartment in Henderson is between 950-1050. When I was looking for apartments in 2005, the average price that I found was 900-950. That would get you a decent 2 bedroom apartment with around 850-1000 sq feet. The one I have right now is in Montego Bay; it has 1074 sq feet and I pay $945/month.

Hey i will also mostly join into USN for fall 2007 .. Unless i get an admit from Nova which offers me 2 yr 4 month post bac degree.

I will also have to look for room mates.. on the Interiew dat Dr Deyoung fif mention they hav some database so that might help