UT Memphis Class of 2015

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances are? (or when the board is meeting)
I know it's sometime in February.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances are? (or when the board is meeting)

I've been hoping someone would answer this, but I guess there isn't a very big post dec 1st crowd out there. In my interview (jan 21) they said that they didn't know when they would be meeting again.:confused: I've been thinking about calling them, nerves are starting go get to me. Prob won't, but I'll let you know if I hear something...

Sorry to have not responded sooner.
I know that the theory is that they meet in Dec, Feb, and March, I believe. I am not certain about that, but I think that's what I remember.
I got my phone call from Dr. Covington on January 5. This makes me think that things are not running according to the norm around there. I mean, maybe there was a meeting in Dec. and they just waited until January to notify me. I also know that other people were accepted soon after I was. Or maybe they are just doing acceptances sporadically, which is more what it seems like.

In the Facebook group, there are about 2-3 people being added every few weeks. The good news is that there are only 35 members in the group, and several of those are current UT dental students. So there are probably roughly 30 or so of from class of 2015 in the group. I say that because, if we assume that the majority of people accepted have Facebook and have joined the group, then they have only filled a third of the class. And still, if there are even 10 people who have been accepted who have not joined, that's still not even half the class full. I believe they wanted to fill 90 seats this year.

Anyway, I know it's easier said than done, but don't stress about it and just pray for the best. Dr. Covington called my house, left a voicemail on my home phone, and I didn't even know it was there until about 4 hours later. It was crazy and caught me so off guard. If you have prepared well for UT, I am sure you will be rewarded. Patience!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also noticed the 12-1, 1-5, etc... admissions. And the way they said it during the interview also sort of implied that they were deciding on a few at a time. But, unfortunately, they also told us that they had already admitted 1/2 of the class (as of Jan 21). So maybe the late facebook joiners are just straglers from the 1/2, or maybe they were fresh admissions... speculation... Just searching for something that will make me feel better about my chances.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from UT lately regarding acceptances. The last person to post being accepted here was in January. Anyone out there know of any acceptances for February or when the next acceptances might take place?

I got a call from Dr. Covington earlier this morning and ... I'M IN!!!! YAYYY class of 2015! Can't wait to meet y'all.

I called in today, because I had a 1000$ deposit that I had to decide whether or not to pay on another dental school, and Dr. Covington told me that I was on the alternate list :(! But he did say that I was "high on the alternate list" so maybe there is hope. Of course, since I am an AR resident this does not necessarily mean that there aren't any spots left in the other categories. He also said that "the alternate letters will go out soon", just fyi. Anyway, good luck to all and if you're and AR res thinking about giving up your spot, my advice is... DO IT!!!:)

So does this mean that they have already filled the entire class (86 spots) and all we can hope for is an alternative list?

Well, from what he told me, it sounds like all the AR spots are full. Because he said he knew my record extremely well, that it was a really hard decision, that I was a sharp student etc... and that if someone were to drop out I would be getting a call. Then he followed that up by saying the alternate letters would be going out soon.

I got my Tennessee Alternate letter in the mail today. Letter was dated March 1. As per the letter, if an accepted Tennessean is not able to attend, that student will be replaced with a Tennessee Alternate. The alternates are ranked but the size of the list or the candidate's ranking within the list is never disclosed.

So any Tennessee folks that got accepted to multiple schools, I'll pay the difference in your out of state tuition to attend that other awesome school! NOT EVEN JOKING!

I'm an AR resident. Just declined my offer. Good luck to you all.

Update from UTHSC:

Dr. Covington is now the *official* Dean of Admissions! I think he will do great things for the university - seems you all have had pleasant experiences with him!

Again, congrats to all those accepted!

Update from UTHSC:

Dr. Covington is now the *official* Dean of Admissions! I think he will do great things for the university - seems you all have had pleasant experiences with him!

Again, congrats to all those accepted!

:thumbup: