2023-2024 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything about waitlist movement? Feel like we should be seeing stuff by now

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine just said yes to her acceptance so I think once they know everyone who is coming then they will work off the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted, was there a specific deadline from U of A Tucson by when they wanted to hear back or when their specific CTE deadline is?

For those accepted, was there a specific deadline from U of A Tucson by when they wanted to hear back or when their specific CTE deadline is?
From their FAQs:

June 24, 2024: “Commit to Enroll” is required to be selected by students matriculating to the College of Medicine – Tucson. Failure to do so will result in rescinding of the admission offer.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone called? I’m thinking because they nearly exhausted their waitlist last year that there won’t be any movement this year because they changed their protocol

For what it's worth, I've seen a good amount of people leave the groupme chat since April 30th, but few (if any) new people have joined :)

Has anyone called? I’m thinking because they nearly exhausted their waitlist last year that there won’t be any movement this year because they changed their protocol
Can you clarify? When did they say they exhausted their waitlist last year?

Can you clarify? When did they say they exhausted their waitlist last year?
Sure! I called a couple months back to inquire when the waitlist/rejections would come out. The lady was very kind and said that last year (2022-2023) they exhausted their waitlist so there was a lot of movement. She sounded like it was a novel event. Im just theorizing, but I think maybe since they nearly didn’t have a full class last year, they expanded their waitlist this year and haven’t really been using it.

Sure! I called a couple months back to inquire when the waitlist/rejections would come out. The lady was very kind and said that last year (2022-2023) they exhausted their waitlist so there was a lot of movement. She sounded like it was a novel event. Im just theorizing, but I think maybe since they nearly didn’t have a full class last year, they expanded their waitlist this year and haven’t really been using it.
thank u for explaining