2023-2024 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waitlisted 🥲
same here, sent them loi and everything cause they’re my top choice, but we’ll see ig 😭

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i can’t do this anymore
My DMs are open if you, or anyone else, wants to talk. This super sucks and I am also feeling really low knowing that this was the best shot of getting an A here. But even just getting an interview at a place like Pitt means that we are all well-qualified to be doctors and will ultimately find success, even if it's through a different path than maybe we'd hoped for. Hang in there everyone, you're not alone <3

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
did anyone who got in off WL receive an email? does it have any info about how longs we have to decide

bit the bullet and called the admissions office, they said the WL applicants are being reviewed on a rolling basis. The person said that adcom is still reviewing the WL. I didn’t ask if all the WL decisions were released today, but the fact they said rolling maybe is a good sign? idk i don’t want to get my hopes up lol. I hope this provides some insight for my fellow WL applicants

Reactions: 8 users
bit the bullet and called the admissions office, they said the WL applicants are being reviewed on a rolling basis. The person said that adcom is still reviewing the WL. I didn’t ask if all the WL decisions were released today, but the fact they said rolling maybe is a good sign? idk i don’t want to get my hopes up lol. I hope this provides some insight for my fellow WL applicants

Appreciate you fr

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Appreciate you fr
lol honestly I was so stressed out that I don’t think I could have functioned without knowing a little more, who knows what is actually happening behind closed doors but at least this is something

To those accepted off the waitlist, were you PTE'd at another school?

I hate to be that guy asking about this when there are students anxiously waiting to hear back. Extending support to yall.
Does this school have internal ranking such as AOA, grading system and are lectures recorded?

No class ranking, no AOA, P/F at least for preclinical im not sure about clinical years. Class structure is group based learning, not lecture style, and attendance is mandatory.

Reactions: 1 user
To those of you who got in off the WL, have you gotten your fin aid packages yet?

withdrew my A just now. this one hurt given that it was always my dream school. hope to see you in the future pitt. congrats to those attending here, it is an amazing place. 💔💔

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
called admissions office, they said that committee was in session rn reviewing apps so literally anything can happen at any point

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone on the waitlist received rejections yet/ after May 1st? I know Pitt has been changing its policies and procedures surrounding the waitlist almost yearly for a while, so I was wondering what it was looking like this year. I know it can be hard to talk about; this process is unbelievably grueling, so just a like or whatever is fine, too!!

• Care
Has anyone on the waitlist received rejections yet/ after May 1st? I know Pitt has been changing its policies and procedures surrounding the waitlist almost yearly for a while, so I was wondering what it was looking like this year. I know it can be hard to talk about; this process is unbelievably grueling, so just a like or whatever is fine, too!!
I just called the adcom. Apparently, no one on the waitlist has been sent rejections, and they're still actively reviewing the waitlist.

Reactions: 9 users
I just called the adcom. Apparently, no one on the waitlist has been sent rejections, and they're still actively reviewing the waitlist.
I don’t think absolute rejections for those on WL will be sent out until after the first day of orientation (happened last year for me)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how frequently they will be revisiting / sending invites off of the waitlist? Will it be once a week or on a rolling basis?

For those wondering my portal updated yesterday to reflect my acceptance post waitlist

ya’ll if I wanna match back home in CA for a surgical sub, does it make sense to go to Pitt or UCI

ya’ll if I wanna match back home in CA for a surgical sub, does it make sense to go to Pitt or UCI

I don’t know if it matters too much but I saw the UCI match day this year and most people matched to California schools. There were a crazy number of matches to UCSD. And many people matched to other UCs and a few to Stanford. Obviously there were out of state matches too.

I’m sure you could match to a CA residency from Pitt, especially if you emphasize your desire to return to CA, but chances may be higher if you go to a CA school.

I’m interested to see other people’s input too

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t know if it matters too much but I saw the UCI match day this year and most people matched to California schools. There were a crazy number of matches to UCSD. And many people matched to other UCs and a few to Stanford. Obviously there were out of state matches too.

I’m sure you could match to a CA residency from Pitt, especially if you emphasize your desire to return to CA, but chances may be higher if you go to a CA school.

I’m interested to see other people’s input too
I have no data or credentials to support this but my thinking is that matching into CA would be easier from UCI, but matching a competitive surgical subspecialty would be easier from Pitt. Depends on which is most important to you and if you’re 100% decided on that specialty.

ERAS adding the geographical preference essays on the residency app is a game changer. If you choose Pitt, you could still show strong ties in that section. And with program signaling, I doubt you'd have trouble matching back home. Match lists don’t give the full picture

Reactions: 3 users
WL -> A email at 12:20 pm EST today!! I wrote them an update letter in the Fall and my letter of intent in February a few days after the initial round of decisions. In absolute shock right now, and overjoyed is an understatement. I've been imagining what this would be like for months now but had given up hope of it happening after missing out on the first rounds of WL movement. I hope there is more good news to come for my fellow waitlisters <3

Reactions: 8 users