2023-2024 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn also got the pre-ii R in-state. I’m hurt lol
+1. I was really hoping for some love from Western. Does anyone know if yield protection might be a thing here? This was the closest school to my home but my stats were above their averages :(

Reactions: 1 user
Do any current students remember what the first day of school was like for first year? Were there required classes all day or was it more relaxed/intro to everything?
So your first week on campus will be a welcome week which is a week long orientation type week where you will only have a couple review modules that go over basic biochem etc but no true testable curriculum being delivered. You also have a variety of social events, some optional some mandatory, where you have a chance to meet and interact with faculty advisors, your 2nd year companion, and other students of course! Youll get tons of advice from second years about their struggles and successes. Theres also some logistical type meetings where they will help get you familiar with the variety of on campus resources we have etc.

The first week of true curriculum comes directly after welcome week. If I recall correctly, this is a more heavy in person week with probably 3 longer in person days. You will probably have a couple mandatory in person lectures in the AM, then OMM or CMR in the afternoon for your first day. Anatomy also begins week 1, youll prob have your first session either tuesday or wednesday. they really throw you right into it lol no time is wasted in med school

Reactions: 2 users
+1. I was really hoping for some love from Western. Does anyone know if yield protection might be a thing here? This was the closest school to my home but my stats were above their averages :(
OUCH. I could understand if the stats were below their average (like mine:()

Last edited:
i actually think no WL movemnt this week yall since the admin office is closed bc of graduations :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if you buy the ipad through western if you get to keep it ? like forever? considering ur paying for it anyways