2024-2025 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have been accepted, congratulations!! And where did you see it on the portal? And for DPMS alum, what is the total amount you are allowed to take out in loans?

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious, for those who were accepted, whats the first letter of your last name from A-Z? 😮‍💨

Reactions: 1 user
I've been lurking on this forever 😭😭😭😭 I got the A through the portal today!!! Interviewed on 5/20. Can't wait to meet you all!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got the acceptance, and good look y'all got this. I recommend enjoying the summer, it is ok to go out and explore the city during the summer, and y'all should hit up sips in Center City (city-wide happy hour on wed). Also, be sure to form study groups in the summer, and it is ok to try out different study groups before one sticks. I would also recommend trying your hardest to get the highest grades you can in the fall, that way in the spring there is not as much pressure to get a certain GPA to make contract. I would also encourage Track 1 students to start studying in the fall for the MCAT, it will make your life easier trust me. As for my Track 2 students STUDY the appendix you will be given in immuno, know it like the back of your hand and you will be fine. Congrats once again, and be ready to work to keep your seat it is challenging but very doable!! Feel free to dm and I will be happy to answer any questions.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Yay!!! Congratulations everyone!!! Can't wait to meet you all in just a few weeks!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I dont see anything on my portal other than my date of interview. is it safe to assume its a R lol?

I dont see anything on my portal other than my date of interview. is it safe to assume its a R lol?
Don’t forget there are two waves of acceptances usually. No rhyme or reason to which batch you go in… (that we know of)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted into the program yesterday and I'm looking forward to attending. Interviewed April 15th.

Is there a Facebook group yet for Drexel DPMS 2024-2025? What's the apartments situation like in Philly are the good spots near the Health Sciences Building? My understanding is all the labs/workshops will take place there. Anybody looking for rommates throughout this program? Also looking for study groups/friends. Feel free to PM me

Reactions: 1 users
I was thinking of creating a GC but I think TAs eventually will once all acceptance go out. Also not everyone is big on facebook (I rarely check mine lol). So just in case I think we should make something outside of that platform as well.

I wonder if the first round is officially over? In past threads I think people have gotten their acceptances via email before seeing it on the portal. Maybe they are still working on the first round as well and some people happened to see it before they've all been sent out? Who knows! But I do hope that if the first round has ended, the second comes around soon!

I wonder if the first round is officially over? In past threads I think people have gotten their acceptances via email before seeing it on the portal. Maybe they are still working on the first round as well and some people happened to see it before they've all been sent out? Who knows! But I do hope that if the first round has ended, the second comes around soon!
I hope so too. I hope it is by next week lol, the waiting is getting to me

I also think 6/7 or 6/14 will be the second round. But it still might be possible to receive a offer after the 14th if you get put on the WL

I also think 6/7 or 6/14 will be the second round. But it still might be possible to receive a offer after the 14th if you get put on the WL
Yeah, tbh I should be mentally be ready to move on too lol and go ahead and submit my primary

Ugh sorry, thats the part that makes this wait the most difficult, is that this timeline overlaps with the start of the amcas cycle. If you already have mcat score in, then I would try to submit primary asap. Just to one school for verification purposes. Hopefully you won't end up needing it but just in case, at least you'll be in good position with amcas

Just a quick question-on the Drexel contract form, it says "my acceptance into the program does not guarantee my acceptance into the medical school" but I thought we had a seat for the following year if we met all the requirements?

Just a quick question-on the Drexel contract form, it says "my acceptance into the program does not guarantee my acceptance into the medical school" but I thought we had a seat for the following year if we met all the requirements?
Yes, you do. It just means getting into the program doesn't automatically mean you're in their medical school but there's the eligibility clause behind it.

I was thinking of creating a GC but I think TAs eventually will once all acceptance go out. Also not everyone is big on facebook (I rarely check mine lol). So just in case I think we should make something outside of that platform as well.
Don’t make a gc yet. There will be a FB one made initially and then a groupme made shortly after! in due time :)

IF you meet the requirements. Since this isn’t guaranteed, your seat isn’t guaranteed quite yet. Once you meet all requirements, you will receive the official acceptance. In dpms, it’s considered a conditional acceptance.

got my rejection through the portal. If anyone was curious about my stats, 3.5 GPA and 506 MCAT, interviewed 4/17.

Good luck and congrats everyone who got in!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I got accepted into the program yesterday and I'm looking forward to attending. Interviewed April 15th.

Is there a Facebook group yet for Drexel DPMS 2024-2025? What's the apartments situation like in Philly are the good spots near the Health Sciences Building? My understanding is all the labs/workshops will take place there. Anybody looking for rommates throughout this program? Also looking for study groups/friends. Feel free to PM me
Hey!! I will be one your TA's for this year! Congrats to everyone so far who have gotten acceptances, and for those that are still waiting don't lose hope until you receive an actual rejection. If you guys saw last years thread then you know I WAS STRESSEDDDD but the best thing you can do right now is take time for yourself and relax (trust me I know it's easier said then done).

Once all acceptances have gone out we will be making a Facebook group chat for updates and also a GroupMe. As far as the housing situation, most students live in University City or Center City. There are some good places but as you can imagine living in city on your own can get expensive.

I know that its all overwhelming as you await the beginning of the school year but I cannot emphasize enough to take this time to relax. Orientation and the summer sessions are set up for you all to assimilate to program, get to know one another and solidify your living arrangements. Please let me know if you guys have any other questions until then!!! Can't wait to meet you all!

Reactions: 4 users