Be ahead of the curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
God that is one of the stupidest ****ing reasons to vote for Trump.

I'm sure there are far stupider reasons.

Members don't see this ad.

Why is it so hard to believe that people would vote in favor of their financial interests?
Lol anyone who believes a new Trump admin would work in favor of their financial interests deserves everything that's coming to them...problem is nobody else deserves that **** storm.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyway this pump is caused by "75% chance of ETH ETF approval" so I hope it gets approved. If it gets approved then I hope it pumps more. If it gets denied then back to the shadow realm

I understand not wanting to wait for >10k, but personally I would at least wait until it hits a new ATH to sell - I can’t believe that wouldn’t happen this cycle.
Humor me. Does btc consolidating at 60-70k for the next 6 mo lead to a higher and later peak in 2025?

Curious if this is the case why people want the higher price now at the cost of a lower peak.

I understand not wanting to wait for >10k, but personally I would at least wait until it hits a new ATH to sell - I can’t believe that wouldn’t happen this cycle.

10k it is! Didn't expect 3000 to 3700 in a day LoL.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m sure your reasons are much more noble and important
I'm not looking to start a political argument so I will stop at this, but yes they are. As a military service member with approx 15 years of service, I have continually put the needs of this nation above my own wants/desires/needs/best interests and there is one presidential candidate who is quite obviously NOT doing that. In fact, there is one who has continually sought to enrich himself and his family, who has espoused a culture of cronyism and who in all likelihood sold national secrets to the enemies of the United States and that candidate is not the current sitting president. Todd out.

• Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
I'm not looking to start a political argument so I will stop at this, but yes they are. As a military service member with approx 15 years of service, I have continually put the needs of this nation above my own wants/desires/needs/best interests and there is one presidential candidate who is quite obviously NOT doing that. In fact, there is one who has continually sought to enrich himself and his family, who has espoused a culture of cronyism and who in all likelihood sold national secrets to the enemies of the United States and that candidate is not the current sitting president. Todd out.

Cool story

I couldn’t tell which candidate you were talking about until the last 10 words of your post since that’s all true of both candidates. It’s a sad state of affairs.

Reactions: 2 users
ATTACH]

The crypto army is the 50+ million Americans that have some dealings with crypto.

Attachments

• Crypto army.png
    Crypto army.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Members don't see this ad :)
ATTACH]

The crypto army is the 50+ million Americans that have some dealings with crypto.

She annoys me but quick Google search says she is advocating for anti-money laundering, not anti-crypto.

"Senator Warren called for applying strong anti-money laundering protections to cryptocurrency to ensure the United States cuts off money-making opportunities for Iran and other adversaries."

10k it is! Didn't expect 3000 to 3700 in a day LoL.
I think A LOT of people will be selling the first time ETH hits 10k. That’s a huge milestone and psychological level. So if that’s your new sell target, I would suggest front running that at 9750 or so. That’s my plan anyway.

Humor me. Does btc consolidating at 60-70k for the next 6 mo lead to a higher and later peak in 2025?

Curious if this is the case why people want the higher price now at the cost of a lower peak.
Sorry, but I have no idea…

I would love to know the answer to that though.

She annoys me but quick Google search says she is advocating for anti-money laundering, not anti-crypto.

"Senator Warren called for applying strong anti-money laundering protections to cryptocurrency to ensure the United States cuts off money-making opportunities for Iran and other adversaries."

She’s an advocate for the banks now. She’s the most anti-crypto politician I know of in DC

ETH has been consolidating at 3700-3800 for a day now. Does this mean it will lead to a higher peak in 2025?

ETH has been consolidating at 3700-3800 for a day now. Does this mean it will lead to a higher peak in 2025?
Possibly… isn’t there a big decision tomorrow about the ETH ETF ? If so, positive news could be a huge catalyst for price action.

Possibly… isn’t there a big decision tomorrow about the ETH ETF ? If so, positive news could be a huge catalyst for price action.

Yes I didn't realize it was tomorrow.

Be on the look out for a CBDC. Congress on both sides agreeing to a resolution on digital assets for “protection” means more control in the form of a Central Bank Digital Currency. This would be terrible for everyone here and hopefully are against it. I think that’s where we’re heading.

Be on the look out for a CBDC. Congress on both sides agreeing to a resolution on digital assets for “protection” means more control in the form of a Central Bank Digital Currency. This would be terrible for everyone here and hopefully are against it. I think that’s where we’re heading.
I wasn’t aware a CBDC had that much support from *both* sides?

But even if our government introduced a CBDC tomorrow, wouldn’t there be a significant phase-in period? At least 5, maybe even 10 years?

And a US government controlled CBDC, which I assume would be pegged to the value of USD… wouldn’t that *potentially* push more people in the direction of Bitcoin, at least in the short term?

I’m obviously not an expert on this subject, so just trying to better understand.

I wasn’t aware a CBDC had that much support from *both* sides?

But even if our government introduced a CBDC tomorrow, wouldn’t there be a significant phase-in period? At least 5, maybe even 10 years?

And a US government controlled CBDC, which I assume would be pegged to the value of USD… wouldn’t that *potentially* push more people in the direction of Bitcoin, at least in the short term?

I’m obviously not an expert on this subject, so just trying to better understand.

A CBDC is a Trojan horse to total control by the Gov (by using the banks). If you study operation choke point used by the Obama to limit banking services of industries they deemed undesirable (pron, gun sales, coins) and 2.0 again by Biden (crypto related businesses). This tactic was also used by governments in Canada (truckers protests) and Nigeria (SARS protests) in recent years.

A CBDC would easily allow the Gov to cut anyone out of society who they deem morally unfavorable. What if Trump is elected and uses his powers to cut off banking capabilities of his enemies, or Biden is elected and punishes the MAGA crowd at the click of a mouse, or a law abiding citizen who is affiliated with a group that is deemed undesirable? That’s just the beginning. They can also put time decay on it, so if you don’t spend by a certain time, the value decays, in the name of ‘stimulating’ the economy. There is imo no good aspect of CBDCs where the Gov (or Banks) are in control. History says they won’t have integrity with that control. A CBDC is all bad for the future.

A CBDC is a Trojan horse to total control by the Gov (by using the banks). If you study operation choke point used by the Obama to limit banking services of industries they deemed undesirable (pron, gun sales, coins) and 2.0 again by Biden (crypto related businesses). This tactic was also used by governments in Canada (truckers protests) and Nigeria (SARS protests) in recent years.

A CBDC would easily allow the Gov to cut anyone out of society who they deem morally unfavorable. What if Trump is elected and uses his powers to cut off banking capabilities of his enemies, or Biden is elected and punishes the MAGA crowd at the click of a mouse, or a law abiding citizen who is affiliated with a group that is deemed undesirable? That’s just the beginning. They can also put time decay on it, so if you don’t spend by a certain time, the value decays, in the name of ‘stimulating’ the economy. There is imo no good aspect of CBDCs where the Gov (or Banks) are in control. History says they won’t have integrity with that control. A CBDC is all bad for the future.
Sounds like a nightmare.

Still waiting on ETH ETF approval 😑

Seems like ETH ETF approval was priced in after the recent pump.

Lol anyone who believes a new Trump admin would work in favor of their financial interests deserves everything that's coming to them...problem is nobody else deserves that **** storm.

Remember, Trump signed the “No Surprises Act.” That has been a massive financial loss for all anesthesiologists. I’m a Republican lifer, but this has been a tough pill to swallow.

Seems like ETH ETF approval was priced in after the recent pump.
People said the same thing when the bitcoin ETFs were approved. At that time the price was about 46k. Exactly 2 months later price broke 70k.

Lets hope ETH does the same, even if it takes a few months.

Remember, Trump signed the “No Surprises Act.” That has been a massive financial loss for all anesthesiologists. I’m a Republican lifer, but this has been a tough pill to swallow.
Probably easier knowing that it likely didn't matter who the president was, anyone would've signed it.

The question is, are you going to vote for him again?

Also, the Republican party is dead. The things Republicans used to stand for have nothing in common with the MAGA cult's litany of grievances.

So no one here is going to take any profits until next year?

So no one here is going to take any profits until next year?
All of my ETH and a lot of my BTC will be long term gains after 12/15. Depending on the price, I’d consider selling & taking some profits at that time.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-re...nces-bitcoin-treasury-strategy-302156715.html

SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 28, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Semler Scientific, Inc. (Nasdaq: SMLR), a pioneer in developing and marketing technology products and services to healthcare providers to combat chronic diseases, announced today that its board of directors has adopted bitcoin as its primary treasury reserve asset. In addition, Semler Scientific announced that it has purchased 581 bitcoins for an aggregate amount of $40 million, inclusive of fees and expenses.

"Our bitcoin treasury strategy and purchase of bitcoin underscore our belief that bitcoin is a reliable store of value and a compelling investment," said Eric Semler, Semler Scientific's chairman. "Bitcoin is now a major asset class with more than $1 trillion of market value. We believe it has unique characteristics as a scarce and finite asset that can serve as a reasonable inflation hedge and safe haven amid global instability. We also believe its digital, architectural resilience makes it preferable to gold, which has a market value of approximately 10 times that of bitcoin. Given the gap in value between gold and bitcoin, we believe that bitcoin has the potential to generate outsize returns as it gains increasing acceptance as digital gold.

"Furthermore, we are energized by the growing global acceptance and 'institutionalization' of bitcoin -- reflected most recently by the Securities and Exchange Commission's January 2024 approval of 11 bitcoin exchange-traded funds. These funds have reported more than $13 billion of net inflows, with investments from nearly 1,000 institutions, including global banks, pensions, endowments and registered investment advisors. It is estimated that more than 10% of all bitcoins are now held by institutions," added Mr. Semler.

Semler Scientific's board and senior management have spent substantial time examining potential uses of cash, including acquisitions. "After studying various alternatives, we decided that holding bitcoin would be the best use of our excess cash," said Mr. Semler.

In conjunction with its bitcoin treasury strategy, Semler Scientific will continue to focus on its core medical products and services. "We remain dedicated to our customers and our goal of operating a growing and profitable healthcare company," said Doug Murphy-Chutorian, MD, Semler Scientific's chief executive officer. "We are focused on maintaining sales of QuantaFlo for peripheral arterial disease testing, while seeking a new 510(k) clearance from the FDA with expanded labeling for use as an aid in the diagnosis of other cardiovascular diseases."

As Semler Scientific continues to generate revenue and free cash flow from sales of QuantaFlo, it will proactively evaluate its use of excess cash. Bitcoin will serve as Semler Scientific's principal treasury holding on an ongoing basis, subject to market conditions and the anticipated cash needs of Semler Scientific.

More information regarding Semler Scientific's bitcoin treasury strategy will be posted on its website at www.semlerscientific.com.

About Semler Scientific, Inc:

Semler Scientific, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets innovative products and services to combat chronic diseases. Its flagship product, QuantaFlo, which is patented and cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is a rapid point-of-care test that measures arterial blood flow in the extremities. The QuantaFlo test aids in the diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases, such as peripheral arterial disease (PAD), and Semler Scientific is seeking a new 510(k) clearance for expanded indications. QuantaFlo is used by healthcare providers to evaluate their patient's risk of mortality and major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE). Semler Scientific also invests in bitcoin and has adopted bitcoin as its primary treasury reserve asset. Additional information about Semler Scientific can be found at www.semlerscientific.com.

Forward-Looking Statements

This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. Such statements can be identified by, among other things, the use of forward-looking language such as the words "believe," "goal," "may," "will," "intend," "expect," "anticipate," "estimate," "project," "would," "could" or words with similar meaning or the negatives of these terms or by the discussion of strategy or intentions. The forward-looking statements in this release include express or implied statements regarding the new bitcoin strategy and its ability to generate outsize returns, Website posting of information regarding the bitcoin strategy, as well as seeking a new 510(k) clearance for QuantaFlo with expanded indications for use, among others. Such forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause Semler Scientific's actual results to differ materially from those discussed here, such as risks inherent with investing in bitcoin, including bitcoin's volatility; risk of implementing a new treasury strategy; risk that insurance plans and other customers will not continue to license its cardiovascular testing products; risk of changes in the reimbursement landscape for its customers including related to the CMS rate announcement; risk of obtaining a new 510(k) clearance for expanded indications; along with those other risk factors detailed in Semler Scientific's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements involve assumptions, estimates, and uncertainties that reflect current internal projections, expectations or beliefs. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. All forward-looking statements contained in this press release are qualified in their entirety by these cautionary statements and the risk factors described above. Furthermore, all such statements are made as of the date of this release and Semler Scientific assumes no obligation to update or revise these statements unless otherwise required by law.

Healthcare company now allocating reserves to BTC. They are not the 1st

Trump clearly has been spending time on crypto twitter

“I will keep Elizabeth Warren and her goons away from your bitcoin and protect the right to self custody”

MAGA 2024!

• Haha
  • Love
https://www.theblock.co/post/29750...s-crypto-industry-presidential-elections-2024

President Joe Biden’s re-election campaign has begun reaching out to cryptocurrency industry players, seeking guidance on "crypto community and crypto policy moving forward," sources with direct knowledge of the matter told The Block. The outreach marks a significant "shift" from Biden's previous arms-length dealings with the industry, according to several sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the discussions, which are ongoing.

The engagement effort, which started about two weeks ago, comes as Biden's camp increasingly recognizes the impact crypto-related issues could have on a presidential race that is likely to be close, sources told The Block. As part of its outreach, the re-election team has called several crypto experts, including some industry players Biden rebuffed on previous occasions, one source said.

The Biden campaign did not immediately respond to The Block’s request for comment outside of normal business hours.

The campaign's newfound engagement with digital assets experts comes shortly after crypto advocates opposed the Biden administration’s plan to veto the repeal of SAB 121, a controversial crypto legislative measure criticized for potentially discouraging financial institutions from providing crypto asset custody services.

The change in tone also follows the Trump campaign’s May 21 announcement that it would accept cryptocurrency donations, along with former President Donald Trump’s recent pro-crypto and anti-CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currency) remarks at the 2024 Libertarian national convention.

That's in stark contrast to Trump's stance as recently as 2021 when he called cryptocurrencies "a very dangerous thing." Like President Biden's campaign, former President Trump also had a team that seems to have moved the presumptive GOP nominee towards a more positive stance on digital assets.

“They have very smart and capable people advising on that front, and you’ve seen some of the results of that and will see more in the coming months,” said a source within Trump’s inner circle with ties to the crypto industry.

Sources told The Block that the Biden campaign’s overtures have been well-received by many in the crypto sector. However, one source noted that some industry players remain skeptical, viewing the outreach as "too little, too late."

Funny the Biden administration would make a complete U-turn on crypto 6 months before the election. I thought Senator Warren and her army would stomp out the industry. I guess she might have to stand alone. lol