Choosing btwn two apps for interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mddoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that if a school has 2 applications that are very similar, and one is chosen over the other for an interview, that the one that is not chosen would be considered again, as they go through more applications and may also re-look at the application? I have the personal feeling that it has happened with my application compared to someone who applied to the same school I did with very similar stats. I wanted to ask since I know you have very familiar with the admission process.

Looking for answers from adcom, please. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t worry about things you literally have no control over. Why think about something that you have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it possible that if a school has 2 applications that are very similar, and one is chosen over the other for an interview, that the one that is not chosen would be considered again, as they go through more applications and may also re-look at the application? I have the personal feeling that it has happened with my application compared to someone who applied to the same school I did with very similar stats. I wanted to ask since I know you have very familiar with the admission process.

Looking for answers from adcom, please. Thank you!

Possible. I don't think it is a simple as you have described in your hypothetical. Twins/multiple sibs are not often chosen by the same school or program for interview.

Reactions: 1 user
There is a boatload of reasons for different outcomes for those with similar stats.
Different screeners may have different views of applications with the same stats.
They way applicants describe what they learned from "similar" experiences may also distinguish them.
...and we don't choose between two applicants

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users