Deferral for Fulbright and WLs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueonion28

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I recently found out that I was awarded a Fulbright research grant this next year. I have spoken with the medical school that I am currently accepted to and submitted a deferral request, as they assured me that they typically grant deferral requests for opportunities like Fulbright.

My question is how this deferral would affect my CTE/PTE. I realize that this is school-specific, but with a deferral, does this mean that the CTE deadline won't apply to me if granted the deferral (which seems likely based on what admissions told me)?

I am also on two WLs that, if accepted off, I would accept over the school that I am currently accepted to. For one of these WLs, I sent in an LOI (intent) and an update about this Fulbright grant since I was encouraged by my friends who currently attend the school to do so. Would this deferral allow me to be in consideration for these WLs past what would be the typical CTE deadline for the school I'm currently accepted to?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user