detroit mercy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsudental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As far as for UDM ortho residency, I would like what would the easiest way to specialize for ortho at Detroit Mercy Dental? I would like to have a clarification of how is the easy way to specialize in ortho residency at Detroit Mercy?

Members don't see this ad.

It is not 'easy' to specialize in ortho at most schools...I would apply to multiple schools and not just target UDM.

The same things will make you competitive at most programs, i.e. grades, LORs, research, ECs etc

what about AEGD? Is it also competitive? Btw UDM does not participle in MATCH for AEGD. So since some schools dont participate in MATCH PASS for AEGD is it still hard to specialize in that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it still difficult to get into any AEGD program or what can happen if u at a dental school reaching out to the committee and say you have serious dreams of specializing AEGD of the school of your choice?

Is it still difficult to get into any AEGD program or what can happen if u at a dental school reaching out to the committee and say you have serious dreams of specializing AEGD of the school of your choice?
What matters is your application and if it is strong, they will accept you. If not, you will not be accepted.

They do not care about your dreams.