Fall semester grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicallyfragile

Reaction score
I’m a current applicant and a senior in college. I’m on track to have a 4.0 this semester so I really want to tell schools especially since I have a rough sophomore year. How do I update schools about this? I know some schools don’t allow updates but it’s my grades so I’m not sure if it’s the same thing? Anyone have any insight on this?

Members don't see this ad.

I would not update for a semester of good grades. And honestly, by the time official grades would be released, you'd be into late December/early January most places.

This is one of the challenges with applying "early", or rather before you finish undergrad: your application is heavily weighted to your early years.

Reactions: 1 users
If the CAS allows it, go ahead. I don't think AMCAS does unlike most of the other central application services in health professions.

I hesitate to update on grades to highlight a blemish from your past (transcript). We already see that. If you think we recalculate GPAs, we don't unless AMCAS does it through an academic update. Which as I point out, I don't think they do. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: 1 user