Getting an MD/MPH in 4 years at MSSM worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forsparta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been blessed to be accepted at Mount Sinai school of Medicine where they have an option to get a MPH degree alongside your MD in four years. The classes are nightly from 6-9PM. The added cost would be about 32K over the course of the four years, raising the cost of attendance from 240 to 272k.

Is the degree worth it? I am not sure i will be using it in the future, but it is very possible. Will it help get a more competitive residency?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you serious, this is like your third thread on a similar topic...can't you just merge this with your old thread, what a joke

Members don't see this ad :)
Useful if you want to go into policy I would think. Then again, getting into policy seems to be more about who you know rather than what you know.

It might also be helpful for epidemiology work if that drives you. As for being worth it, it probably isn't for a regular clinician.

Yes, it is worth it for the amount of TIME you would have to invest into it.

But, can you afford the STRESS of having to put off studying for med school? If it's done during the first or fourth years, then the stress would be minimal. If done during second year or third year, you're gonna be TIRED.