GPA downward trend and in required Premed classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mistwraith

Reaction score
:cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
you are more than your grades, point the first.
point the second, you're going to need to take more science classes.
point numerbo 3, what else to do you have to bring?

Reactions: 1 users
I am a sophomore (second semester). In my first semester I took 1 science premed requisite and got an A. Then, in the second semester I got an A and a B. The first semester of my sophomore year I got a B and a B. Now this semester I am looking to get an A-/B range, a B-range, and a possible C. Does this look as bad as I think it does? Overall GPA is 3.5-3.7ish with 3-3.1 sGPA, and there are 2 more premed classes that I need to take. I don't really have a good excuse or anything to make up for it. My ECs are pretty decent but not superb. Do you think I should just consider dropping Pre-Med and trying something else, or is there a chance for me? Because I know having a downward trend is really looked down upon, and these last 3 semesters have had some decent dips in GPA. Thanks.
Talk to your premed advisor. I have no clue what other courses you are taking or what is going on in your life. I think you should find a course of study that you really enjoy because it doesn't really look like you're enjoying these classes... otherwise why are you getting lower grades? If you don't have any excuses, why are you not doing so well?

Reactions: 2 users
ECs dont mean anything if your sGPA doesn’t meet a school’s screening criteria. Ned schools need to know that you can succeed in the classroom first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.