HPSP Scholarship ADHD Waiver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmill628

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone on here ever received the HPSP while having a prior ADHD diagnosis? What hoops did you have to jump through? I was diagnosed last spring and took medication. I stopped a few months ago when I learned that it was a disqualifier for the military. The recruiter said that I have to remain off medication for 2 years to apply for a waiver. I read online in several places that it was 15 months, not 24. I'm very confused at the process and the recruiter does not seem to help much. I have been wanting to go this route since I decided dentistry was the right path for me. If I got accepted somewhere I wouldn't mind taking out loans, but I would 100% prefer HPSP over that.

Members don't see this ad.

You may want to consider the NHSC scholarship as an alternative to paying for school. I believe the VA also offers a HPSP scholarship, and I’d imagine they’d be much less worried about one’s past medical history since your aren’t “deploying” anywhere.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 user
You may want to consider the NHSC scholarship as an alternative to paying for school. I believe the VA also offers a HPSP scholarship, and I’d imagine they’d be much less worried about one’s past medical history since your aren’t “deploying” anywhere.

Big Hoss
Do you know anything about being diagnosed with ADHD after already receiving HPSP and being in school for a year? I have read that being diagnosed with anxiety and going on medication while in school is not a bad thing so I was just curious if the same applied for ADHD
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know anything about being diagnosed with ADHD after already receiving HPSP and being in school for a year? I have read that being diagnosed with anxiety and going on medication while in school is not a bad thing so I was just curious if the same applied for ADHD
Thanks
Sorry, I have no idea.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks
I also heard that its frowned upon by some schools...