If I got off the waitlist from one DO school, how much time do I have to withdraw my acceptance from another school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lemonhead123

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I know according to the AACOMAS traffic guidelines say that you can only hold 1 acceptance after May 1st. So what I am wondering is, if getting off the waitlist at another school, how long do I have to notify the other school? Is this something I have to do right away (now) or can I think on it for a day? I don't see anything online about this. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Of my understanding (that is my reading of the traffic guidelines) it needs to be pretty immediate. It also depends on the time that is given to you by the waitlist institution. Some offers expire in 24 hours, so the quickness is kind of built-in.

Of my understanding (that is my reading of the traffic guidelines) it needs to be pretty immediate. It also depends on the time that is given to you by the waitlist institution. Some offers expire in 24 hours, so the quickness is kind of built-in.
Thank you. Also withdrawing an acceptance through the school’s portal is all that needs to be done, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll keep it a buck with you, idk. Some schools have a portal and some don't. The school to which I have been admitted shifts over to their LMS once you pay the deposit, so I don't think I have access to the "applicant" portal anymore. Though I am not looking to withdrawal lol. I would ask the admissions team at the withdrawing institution if they have a preferred method. When in doubt, do the "withdrawal" on the portal so their IT system has a record of that action being taken. I hate to sound so "legal" but I don't know the ramifications for not actually withdrawing from one insitiution while depositing at your waitlist institution.

Essentially: if the school you are leaving gives you less than clear direction on withdrawing, cover your bases by using the portal.

Also congrats for getting multiple As! Not every applicant gets more than one!

Reactions: 1 user
I'll keep it a buck with you, idk. Some schools have a portal and some don't. The school to which I have been admitted shifts over to their LMS once you pay the deposit, so I don't think I have access to the "applicant" portal anymore. Though I am not looking to withdrawal lol. I would ask the admissions team at the withdrawing institution if they have a preferred method. When in doubt, do the "withdrawal" on the portal so their IT system has a record of that action being taken. I hate to sound so "legal" but I don't know the ramifications for not actually withdrawing from one insitiution while depositing at your waitlist institution.

Essentially: if the school you are leaving gives you less than clear direction on withdrawing, cover your bases by using the portal.

Also congrats for getting multiple As! Not every applicant gets more than one!
Thank you, and congrats to you as well! I have used the portal and also sent an email just to cover all bases. Appreciate you responding and best of luck to you!