IV medication book recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

storyhill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I lost my old IV medication book. I can't even remember the name of it. Some nurse must have swiped it from my desk or something. I primarily use my computer at my desk. My hospital provides Uptodate/lexicomp as an electronic resource. That is fine but we do have network issues sometimes and I've been in situations where I need some info and I can't get to my computer or it is not working. I have tried using lexicomp on my phone and found it super glitchy and not reliable.

Any recommendations on books? We have Gahart/Elsevier IV med book up in central pharmacy. I might just end up having my manager order another for me. I'm decentralized, so I can choose another if you guys have any other better ones you can think of. Thanks for any ideas.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree using the internet can be glitchy and unreliable so I use Trissel's Hanbook on Injectable Drugs, Extended Stability for Parenteral Drugs, and Trissel's Stability of Compounded Formulations.

gahart and lexicomp online for compatibility