LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! I was curious if any current students are working on campus? If so I was hoping you could message me about what compensation looks like, hours you work, and how I can inquire about open positions starting this August!
Thank you!!

I wouldn’t recommend working your first semester. Enjoy the semester and get an understanding on how everything works at the school. Make friends and study hard. Most positions aren’t open until your second semester. The most common position is tutoring and based on hourly pay. You could also work in the models shop or do summer research with professors as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t recommend working your first semester. Enjoy the semester and get an understanding on how everything works at the school. Make friends and study hard. Most positions aren’t open until your second semester. The most common position is tutoring and based on hourly pay. You could also work in the models shop or do summer research with professors as well.
I don't want to work right away but want make sure I have enough to afford everything 😊

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! My husband thought it would be smarter to buy a house vs renting a room. I was hoping to pick someone's brain who is currently going to school and also purchased a house! Did school loans affect your house loans or vice versa? Just want to make sure I wont have any issues with pulling loans for both. Also curious for those that did this, do you regret purchasing while in school or was it worth it? I have never purchased a house so the thought of doing that while starting vet school is a little terrifying! haha

Hello! My husband thought it would be smarter to buy a house vs renting a room. I was hoping to pick someone's brain who is currently going to school and also purchased a house! Did school loans affect your house loans or vice versa? Just want to make sure I wont have any issues with pulling loans for both. Also curious for those that did this, do you regret purchasing while in school or was it worth it? I have never purchased a house so the thought of doing that while starting vet school is a little terrifying! haha

I have a few classmates that did this. I would recommend emailing Ciera so she can get you in touch with student ambassadors that have also purchased houses.

There are 99 people in the Facebook group now :/
Hey, I just finally got added to the facebook group and at least 4 people in the group are admin so the true number is closer to 95! There may be a few more admin in the group as well, but they weren't as clear cut so didn't want to include them in my count. I hope you all hear good news soon!! 🙏

Reactions: 2 users