Mcw vs oakland university william beaumont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cyla123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted off oakland waitlist today.
I was set to attend mcw. I found an apartment and meet two college friends there during second look. I really like second look. And the people.
I would value any opinion about attending the oakland school.
I am interested in orthopedics.
Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would consider MCW the better school. Both ortho home programs are similarly ranked (doximity), but Beaumont has 8 residents per year compared to MCW’s 5, which could help for match purposes. With that said, you may change your mind and you really don’t know if you’ll be a realistic ortho candidate, so I wouldn’t make the whole decision based on that (maybe 5%).

I think this decision comes down to cost and proximity to family, so perhaps you can comment on those factors.

Reactions: 1 user
I would consider MCW the better school. Both ortho home programs are similarly ranked (doximity), but Beaumont has 8 residents per year compared to MCW’s 5, which could help for match purposes. With that said, you may change your mind and you really don’t know if you’ll be a realistic ortho candidate, so I wouldn’t make the whole decision based on that (maybe 5%).

I think this decision comes down to cost and proximity to family, so perhaps you can comment on those factors.
Thank you for your response!
I am from California so I will be away from home for both. Mcw is about 10k more for each year.
The few people I did get feedback from mentioned safety issues in milwaukee. I found an apartment in wauwatosa which is a few miles

Last edited: